[REPORTED]Datalink/TAD Info Diplay Issues

Frederf

Data link info blocks relating to under-cursor or hooked TAD object information have several issues.

• Type reporting for A-10C is different for AI "A10" and human pilots "A-10".
  • Four-digit numerical callsign is not shared over network as entered in NET menu
  • Weapon status not displaying carried weapons as seen in manual figures 231, 232, 236 with exception of human pilots "G" when gun rounds above zero

Other AI types with incorrect type identifier

• F-15C "F15"
  • F-15E "F15"
  • F/A-18C "F18"
  • F/A-18C Lot 20 "UNKNOWN"
  • F-16A MLU "F16"
  • MQ-9 Reaper "UNKNOWN"
  • Tornado GR4 "F-2"
  • F-16C bl.50 "F16"
  • F-16C bl.52d "F16"

For completeness the following information appears to be displayed correctly

• Position
  • Heading
  • Altitude
  • TN ID
  • Ground speed
  • Fuel in hundreds of pounds
  • SPI when shared during engagement

The weapon status line on TAD can be seen functioning correctly in a previous version throughout most of this video

Edited by Frederf

The callsign not shown was already reported.

I'll have a look at the other ones.

You have any more info on the identifiers?

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

It's just the text displayed when cursor/hooked on another airplane, in my case AI which might be different than human client. I don't know what correct but the formats are inconsistent. Surely the labels should be "A-10" "F-15" or "A10" "F15" but not a mixture of some with the hyphen and some without. And AI being "A10" while human clients are "A-10" is similarly inconsistent. Others are empty like the new Lot 20 Hornet.

If it saves time I can try to get an exhaustive table of airplanes, AI labels, client labels as reported EPLRS. Ground units probably want to be looked at too.

The primary concern was the weapon status line which apparently used to work beyond "G" for guns. I assume the logical names for the other weapons changed so the script that creates this line is failing to recognize the new logical names for the weapons.

• 2 weeks later...