TARGET mapping questions

RackMonkey

I broke down and got a HOG and now TARGET is driving me crazy setting it up for the F18.:helpsmilie:

I think I already know the answer to this. Does TARGET override the in game button mapping. Since it creates a virtual HOTAS, I believe it does.:joystick:

Has anybody figured out how to correctly map the Hog's flap switch correctly for Up, Half flaps, Full flaps? I figured out ON-OFF and (ON)-OFF switching but the 3 way ON-OFF-ON like the flap switch is driving me nuts.:cry: Maybe if I can figure this one out I can figure out the Eng switches ON-OFF-(ON).

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

You don’t need TARGET to achieve that, the game already have up or half and full or half if I’m not wrong, I’m using that option.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Your right, at least for the A10. But in the F18, with TARGET running, it seems to nullify the default binding. Everything needs to be remapped in TARGET.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

I broke down and got a HOG and now TARGET is driving me crazy setting it up for the F18.:helpsmilie:

I think I already know the answer to this. Does TARGET override the in game button mapping. Since it creates a virtual HOTAS, I believe it does.:joystick:

Has anybody figured out how to correctly map the Hog's flap switch correctly for Up, Half flaps, Full flaps? I figured out ON-OFF and (ON)-OFF switching but the 3 way ON-OFF-ON like the flap switch is driving me nuts.:cry: Maybe if I can figure this one out I can figure out the Eng switches ON-OFF-(ON).

It doesn't override but interfere, which would yield unpredictable results if you bind different keys in Target and in DCS to the same button. Think of it as an app similar to AutoHotkey that runs in the background and does its things.

If you're new to this, use Target GUI. It is fairly intuitive and there are 3 flap positions that you can just plug in keybinds, same with other toggle switches.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

If your using the TARGET Script Editor, the following code section works perfectly for Flaps:

//Flap
MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPU, PULSE + FLAP_Switch_Up);
MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPM, PULSE + FLAP_Switch_HALF); 
MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPD, PULSE + FLAP_Switch_FULL);

If your having issues with setting up a script I've attached a script template I use as a first step when setting up controls for a new mod. All the physical buttons are listed in the form of a "MapKey" command. Every line is commented out and missing a "keyboard" command, but once you provide that "keyboard" command, all that's necessary is for you to uncomment the line.

The axis are already set to work.

I all so provided a Macro file that that has all the default Keyboard commands in game. So setting up a MapKey command is no harder than cut and paste the maco into you MapKey command.

I can't disagree stronger, that the GUI is easier than the Script Editor. With a template .tmc and a macro built with https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1730806/, you can be up and flying in an hour, and have a better understanding of how things are setup.

I gotta go to work. If you have issues using TARGET, post here or PM me.

Good luck hope to count you as a TARGET user.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Thanks guys. I got the flaps working. I just have to change the way I think about how a switch works.

I did see what Supmua is talking about. While I didn't see the mapping of any of the switch's in game in the combined HOTAS column, when I went to map something I did see that a lot of the switch's were already mapped to something else.

I even figured out some of the logic about the 32 DX11 switch's too. Now I have to find the post I was reading about expanding the number of DX11 switch's to something like 122.

I use a 'all positions to DX' script, so most Release can also be defined now within the regular DCS control interface. Not my find, long time ago, 70 DX positions of max allowable 120 (or something).

Notice 'include "targetdx120.tmh"' in header of script which has to go in your Target install \script folder to replace the standard one which maxes at DX32.

DX120.zip

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |