[REPORTED] TGP slew changes steerpoint location on HSD

AleCisla

Hi guys,

I don't know if this has been reported already, so excuse me if it has, I couldn't find any post on this.

Today I was flying with TGP on and I had a few waypoints set up in the mission (6), then when I decided to use the TGP to find my target, I had on the other MFD screen the waypoints of my flight plan and noticed that whenever I slew the TGP around, the waypoint that was selected started to move all over the place, together with the TGP.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

• ED Team

Hi

we would need to see a track replay to be sure.

It sounds like you are in CCRP mode and the TGP is working as intended but to be sure a track would be best.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Bignewy,

I made a very simple mission, 3 waypoints, target is on waypoint 1.

And yes, I was in CCRP mode, however, if my target is located at or near a waypoint and I want to make a CCRP delivery, like in this example, what happens if my TGP messes up my waypoint while I'm searching for my target?

Let's say an enemy aircraft shows up, so I have to go to A/A mode, then I want to go back and bomb my target on the ground, but now I have no reference from my waypoint because it is miles away from the original place?

I don't know, I might be wrong, I'm not a pilot or an expert in aerial combat, but I think that it defeats the point of having a waypoint as a reference for a target, if I mess up its location even before I can find it.

Have a look, please. I appreciate your time and effort to help!

Thank you very much!

F-16C BombTest.trk

That's how it's been simulated before so I don't think it's wrong, we're just missing a 'cursor zero' / 'CZ' button on the MFDs that resets the steerpoints to default - which answers what you do when you want the steerpoint to go back to how it was before you touched it, you hit CZ and it'll reset.

right now I'm doing a "go around" for that, using an old or unneccessary steerpoint and moving that one over the target steerpoint. like that nothing's in danger to get messed up.

I sometimes had the bug/problem, that the TGP was moving all over the place when I dropped the last GBU. But i dont have that always. I try to reproduce the behaviour and report it here later.