[REPORTED]F-18 freezes upon selecting SA on MFD

Capn kamikaze

I have tested with your mission, with SAM's and still no crash for me sorry.

It is very frustrating.

Okay, and I get that because none of the guys I fly with regular have the issue either, however, there are several people who are having the issue. So, now, knowing that it is directly tied to SAMs in the missions, NOT scripting, NOT huge missions, NOT even the SA page specifically but rather the SA page as it relates to SAMs and how they are "somehow" filling up some users ram and blowing up after they reach the end of their paging files, cuz that is what is happening, It may not be necessary to reproduce the situation to have DEV look into the coding that places SAM's in the SA page.

If you would like me to wipe out my DCS and Reinstall, I will oblige (for testing purposes).

Im willing to do whatever it takes.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Okay, and I get that because none of the guys I fly with regular have the issue either, however, there are several people who are having the issue. So, now, knowing that it is directly tied to SAMs in the missions, NOT scripting, NOT huge missions, NOT even the SA page specifically but rather the SA page as it relates to SAMs and how they are "somehow" filling up some users ram and blowing up after they reach the end of their paging files, cuz that is what is happening, It may not be necessary to reproduce the situation to have DEV look into the coding that places SAM's in the SA page.

If you would like me to wipe out my DCS and Reinstall, I will oblige (for testing purposes).

Im willing to do whatever it takes.

If you want to try a fresh install I would be interested in the results.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Still having this issue. I still have no idea what occurs this problem. Ive reinstalled DCS, uninstalled antivirus, disabled Windows Defender, updated all my drivers and it still happens. DCS error log doesn't show any error, but on Windows Event Viewer log this is what I get: FYDGFZo.png

• ED Team

Threads merged.

I have asked the team to check what we have so far, as I am unable to reproduce

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Threads merged.

I have asked the team to check what we have so far, as I am unable to reproduce

thanks

Hey bignewy. I found out what is causing the problem. In a mission with enemy SAMS, pushing the emergency wheelbrake inside before opening the SA page, crashes the DCS. I attached a mission below:

Try this startup:

- Battery ON

- APU ON

After APU its up and running:

- Select left engine to startup

at the same time push down the emergency wheel brake handle, open all the MFDS

- Ignite the left egine

- Start up the right engine

- Ignite the right engine

Open the SA page and crash

TEST.miz

Edited by Theodossis

• ED Team

Thank you everyone for the information

I was able to reproduce using the above information

reported

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

The team have found an infinite loop situation with the SA page which is most likely the cause of the problem.

It should be in the next patch for testing in public.

Thanks