[SP] Operation Persian Power

rmk80

On 11/19/2022 at 12:36 AM, Recluse said:

Thanks!! Oddly enough, last night after the Open Beta Patch, we re-started Syrian Power from the beginning, and oddly enough both coalitions started off at 0!  I was afraid I loaded the wrong mission, but all the FARPS and Apaches were functional, so it must have been the right one.  The two or three times I loaded it in SP and the one time we did it in MP previously, it had that 22% for OPFOR start.  I have NO IDEA what could have changed. I hosted instead of the usual host, but that shouldn't have affected anything.  If it happens again, I will try your script additions above.

Any chance to share your mission with some Apaches @Recluse ?

• 5 months later...

Hello. I've been playing this fantastic mission for like 2 years now, adapting it to my personal needs (possibility to play it on both sides of the conflict, adding more targets, etc). My dream would be to enhance it even further so that I can simulate a full scale conflict on the Persian Gulf or Syria map. My question is this - would it be possible to include STATIC objects in the set of blue/red targets? Currently, there are categories like: SAM, ARMOR, AIR DEFENCE, ARTILLERY and SUPPORT. It would be great to have the possibility of adding another category to the script like "BUILDINGS" and AI flights performing pinpoint strikes against them. Is something like that technically possible?

Again, thank you for sharing this brilliant mission!

Barthek

Hey, I really appreciate some of you are still enjoying and playing this mission and the fact that is still running on current versions.

I like your idea of adding static targets and I do think it is possible. First thing to check is if all required Moose functions are available for static objects as well (not sure). Apart from adding the statics in the mission editor, it requires adding a new category to the script. This will take some edits. Maybe I can have a look when I’m back from vacation 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rmk80 said:

Hey, I really appreciate some of you are still enjoying and playing this mission and the fact that is still running on current versions.

Let me also give you a big Thank You  for these missions.  We've played through them all a few times in Multiplayer. Vegas Power seems to be the easiest and I also use that as a Single Player training mission, taking up different aircraft in the AA and AG roles to try out various things in a RELATIVELY low threat, but active environment.

• 2 months later...

I still go to this series of missions every time I load up DCS.  I tried to build out a version of the mission for the Sinai map while rebuilding it in map editor and I had no luck. lol. Enemy never spawned. 😞 

Thank you rmk80 for helping me clock in some serious flight time ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Edited by Cat Scooter
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seems like the change in scripting in 2.9 that affected many of the persistent missions has hit the *Power missions as well. 

Fired up Vegas Power and it was fine for the first run, but when the Save was loaded for the next run, it reported nothing operational, BLUEFOR and OPFOR as well.

EDIT: It looks like putting in the latest MOOSE.LUA into the mission has fixed it.

Edited by Recluse
  • Thanks 1