SIM-MOD NEWS

grandsurf

As the experiences with the Beta of my Air Base Ground Texture Mod on the weekend have pointed, it does not make sense to give all SIM-MOD Lo/FC extensions individually out without checking everything and to adapt each other. To handle these and other problems they could appear we have decided to a complete update for the last Lo/FC Version with all features shown up to now. His name yet is not certain. Then as a basis a clean and freshly installed Lo/FC Version will be necessary. Only so we can be sure which all SIM-MOD updates also function. Besides, there will be own installation routine in one the circumference of the installation can determine.

We hope you have understanding for this decision. We will hold you of course up-to-date and there will also be other beta releases.

Thanks

The SIM-MOD Team

• ED Team

Grandsurf, I'm exetremly happy what did you say because I've still some problems with those newer files (no idea where:huh:). I hope so you'll put in the new update some new models.:):joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

GrandSurf - I had no problems with the add-on. I tend to use Mod Man to do all of my installs. So for me, uninstalling my old runway textures and installing the new cdds file then making the change to my .cfg file work flawlessly. :)

GrandSurf - I had no problems with the add-on. I tend to use Mod Man to do all of my installs. So for me, uninstalling my old runway textures and installing the new cdds file then making the change to my .cfg file work flawlessly. :)

Copy that. Also I don't have any issues with the beta.

No problems installing the Airbase Ground Texture Mod with newest ModMan, after reading readme file. :smilewink: Using Medium or Low Version right now. I had a totally fresh FC installation.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

For me it works too, but IMHO it is not a problem with one single mod. In the last weeks/months we saw a growing number of very good mods and we might get more and more problems with different configurations and incompatibilities.

So I think the idea to bundle the mods by a "modder-organisation" is the best way for the future. The mods can be finetuned to work with each other and incompatibilities can be avoided as much as possible.

Maybe this upcoming "supermod" might create a new standard and will be handled like an official patch/update and any other future mod has to be compatible!

Well, for me, Modman install did not work...Had to manually copy the files, but it worked after that. A nice install that put the files where it should be would be nice. (I know modman does exactly that, but didnґt work.

Well I will go ahead and call "user" error on this one :joystick:

I used ModMan and I dont see the textures so obviously I didn't do something right. I guess I need to go back to the read-me

:doh:

I've tried repeatedly to get this to work, even tried manually installing and still no joy, unistalled MM5 and installed latest ver. Grandsurf runway textures installs but doesn't show installation to cdds as for instance Groundpounder terrain does. even raised graphics level to highest settings, the most I've been able to get is greenish tinge around parking areas. Any advice would be welcome. My next step would be to uninstall LO:FC and start over but I can't see that really changing anything..?, But....:helpsmilie: