KERNEL32.dll problems

Gandalf_56

Hi mates ... after the new update I cannot start the sim. I get an error message

9elbIit.jpg

I have restore the computer to my yesterday back up, run a repair and DCS works as usual. Do the new update and when I start the sim, I get the same error message.

I have reproduced all these steps three times with the same results. Somebody have the same error message?

If not ... any ideas? Could the patch be corrupted?

Yup. Same problem. "... entry point AddDllDirectory could not be located in the .... KERNEL32.dll."

Need a hot fix for this.

edit: tried a repair didn't work, either.

Edit: update log included. dcs.log cannot be attached here so I copied it to a txt file.

autoupdate_log.txt

New Text Document.txt

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• ED Team

Hi

please remove all unofficial modifications and then run a cleanup and repair.

if you still see the same please add your fresh dcs.log

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi,

could you also let us know what antivirus you are using.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No antivirus running on my gaming machine.

As far as I know, there are no mods to my DCS (on F-drive)

I removed my saved games open beta folder (moved it to my desktop on C-drive).

Ran repair which ran as it should.

Ran my short-cut to DCS_updater which did NOT create a new saved games folder. The updater gave me the Kernel32.dll error. Ran the updater from F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin directly. Still same problem. (Did not add the flag "update")

Since no Saved Games folder for open beta, there was no log generated for DCS.

Looked for the date stamp on F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\autoupdate_log. The update log didn't get updated from earlier this morning (05:37 GMT).

Ran F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe directly for the second time (without the flag "update"). Same dll problem.

Ran that again from the windows launch window ("F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update) which checks for available updates and tells me the installed version 2.5.5.40269 is up to date. (DCS Updater 2.9.12.8)

I don't know how to roll back to an earlier DCS to force a hard update.

Edit: just ran repair again. Got the autoupdate log. Attached herein.

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Perform a clean installation of the DCS World OB again, before the game installation disable the antivirus, delete the folder (users / my name / saved games / DCS.openbeta).

When executing the game after the new installation, it again shows me the Kernel32.dll message and the game does not start.

When the game did not start, I do not create the folder in (users / my name / saved games / DCS.openbeta) and I do not have the dcs.log file.

I have the stable DCS version installed and it works well for me, the OB is the one that is generating this problem for me.

Perform a windows check to see if this Kernel32.dll file is damaged, but the result of this check resulted in no damaged files ...

:(What could be happening?

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit SP1 build 7601

In attachments place the autoupdate_log file

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

• ED Team

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

To be sure, this is a Windows 7 error, not DCS? KB2533623 is a fix for my "broken" Windows 7?

Why did DCS work before this update?

What am I missing?

Yup. Worked for me, too. But, the link that c0FF gave only linked to the x86 version. I needed the x64. Had to google to get that. But, it works.

Thanks, c0ff!

To be sure, this is a Windows 7 error, not DCS? KB2533623 is a fix for my "broken" Windows 7?

Why did DCS work before this update?

What am I missing?

Apparently it is no error, neither from Windows nor from DCS, apparently it is an update of Windows 7 64bit which was not installed in my computer because I have disabled Windows Update.

In my opinion in this latest update of DCS, they modified something in the system manager and that affected this file that I did not have updated.

I don't know if you have Windows Update disabled?

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

Apparently it is no error, neither from Windows nor from DCS, apparently it is an update of Windows 7 64bit which was not installed in my computer because I have disabled Windows Update.

In my opinion in this latest update of DCS, they modified something in the system manager and that affected this file that I did not have updated.

I don't know if you have Windows Update disabled?

LOL! I can't legally answer why I have the update disabled. You can read between the lines. :smilewink:

The point now becomes just a big hug to c0ff for the link to what my problem's solution is. My buddy also suggested that it has to do with the VoiceChat feature being now added.

All's good, eh?

LOL! I can't legally answer why I have the update disabled. You can read between the lines. :smilewink:

The point now becomes just a big hug to c0ff for the link to what my problem's solution is. My buddy also suggested that it has to do with the VoiceChat feature being now added.

All's good, eh?

Jejejeje, I understand, but I deactivated the W.U legal because some of its updates damaged the system and therefore only installed the updates that I consider most appropriate.

Thanks again c0ff for your help ...

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT