Increase radar range displayed

Neon67

Hi guys

In engagement I often strugle switching from bvr to wvr back to bvr. I lose precious seconds having to set my head facing the mfd and use my mouse to click on some mfd buttons to re increase the displayed radar range, because it changed from 40 to 10 or 5 nm automatically . Is there an actual shortcut for this, or a hotas function? :pilotfly:

You can always map the given OSB buttons, thats what I have done. I always have the radar display up on the right DDI, and then I mapped the most used functions to a button box (can just use keyboard too of course or if you have plenty of buttons free on HOTAS).

Enable tool tips before mapping, so you can see which OSB button it is.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi guys

In engagement I often strugle switching from bvr to wvr back to bvr. I lose precious seconds having to set my head facing the mfd and use my mouse to click on some mfd buttons to re increase the displayed radar range, because it changed from 40 to 10 or 5 nm automatically . Is there an actual shortcut for this, or a hotas function? :pilotfly:

You have 3 options:

1-Map the Right MFD Osb to your hotas (I've done that myself)

2-Use the TDC placed over the up/down arrow simbols + TDC depress to increase/decrease range

3-Move the TDC outside and inside quickly outside the tactical area (In the upper side if you want to increase range or in the botton side to decrease)

A fourth option that I'm not actually sure right now is using the SET option with a weapon (e.g. AMRAAM). For example to 40 MN for the AIM120 so once you go WSS to that weapon it goes to the settings you selected, though to be fair I think it affects bars and azimuth but not range FTTOMH.