Some Desired Features ...

sleepycanuck

"Hello" to the ED Team and ED users,

Below is a small list of desired program features that I hope will become standard in future updates. (Disclaimer: sorry if below items have already been put forward.)

1. Ability to hide, or show, control stick and throttle while in game. Hiding the control stick is already a feature in some aircraft and is greatly welcomed ... can we make this a universal feature? Even in TrackIR and VR it is sometimes difficult to see some switches, dials, buttons in cockpit.

2. The Jester/Iceman AI menu in the F-14B module is great (especially in VR/TrackIR) ... can we implement a menu system for the Comms that is similar/same? This would remove the need to interact either with mouse or keyboard when communicating with ATC, wingmen, etc.

3. The implementation by Heatblur of the Pilot and RIO models is fantastic; they move in a way that is very fluid. I, for myself, would be happy to pay a developer (third party or otherwise) for upgraded pilot, copilot, navigator models. I would still want the option to toggle the display of models in the cockpit as we do right now.

4. In VR I use the mouse to interact with cockpit controls that I do not have bound to my HOTAS. The difficulty I find is the small head movements I make tend to make it hard to hold the mouse cursor over the intended switch/dial/button. TrackIR has a feature where it can be "paused" temporarily ... this made mouse interaction with cockpit controls much easier for me. Admittedly I am past middle age and just not as steady with head or hand, nor as quick/precise as I use to be with the mouse. Can a temporary "freeze" function be implemented for VR? Can it be implemented for the VR Zoom feature?

Thanks ED for making a great sim ... I look forward to the future.

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Yep, both joystick and throttle should be hideable.

2. A rework of the communication menu would be nice. The wheel menu is one of the option. But I'm sure there are less "game" options. And support for voice radio commands (without 3rd party apps) would be nice.

3. Pilot Models would be nice, but I wouldnt use them if there is not a 50% body option available. I'd like to see the pilot legs and feet, but I have no desire to hide the arm to click switches...

Or maybe the pilot could simply lift up his arm when you look to the left... (or just hide for starters)

4. I wouldnt use it for that usecase, but options are always nice. I prefer a stabelized mouse which is not bound to the vision. The cursor would only be moved/dragged, if the mousepointer hits the boundries.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

1. Ability to hide, or show, control stick and throttle while in game.

I think this feature is already in the F-18, well the stick at least. Yes there are certain switches, for example in the A-10 that are under the throttle which, using TrackIR you can do a magnified lean to look at but in VR you wouldn’t be able to lean that much to see.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5