Jester Bad Waypoints

bonesvf103

I've noticed lately if I tell Jester to, for instance, set us to waypoint 2, then later open the Jester menu to the navigation menu again, it shows that he has set us to a different waypoint. Is this a bug?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

So I looked at this again and from my testing it seems that whatever is your current waypoint, the Jester menu shows it as being +1 that waypoint. ie, if you tell Jester to select WP1, and he says OK and does it, the next time you open the Jester menu, it will show Current Destination WP2.

So, is that a bug or am I missing something?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I've noticed that recently, thought it was just me being a biff.

Definitely something going on here.

I think I've figured it out. First there's a bug

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256380

for some time already that makes all the waypoints wrong if you try to set up anything else then WP1,2,3.

Second, since the jester wheel appears to be shifted, if you enter WP3, it gets input as 'Fixed Point', thus triggering the bug.

Third, if you set WP1 and 2 only, even though the wheel is not correct, Jester actually switches WPs correctly

So, bottom line, if you use WP1 and 2 you'll be fine, if you use anything else everything breaks down.