Re-installed Gazelle - got "virtual" deadzone in cyclic

Hunter_5E

First of all - Happy New Year! Hope 2020 is good to you all.

Two days ago I re-installed DCS and all my modules. Went in and set up my controllers for each helicopter (KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1 & SA342) then went for a spin in each. All was fine until I got into the Gazelle.

I've set all my axis to have no deadzone at all - same for all helos - but the Gazelle has still got a very noticeable deadzone on the cyclic. I've checked the controller .lua file and it reads zero zero in there as well.

Prior to my re-install (even after latest DCS update), the Gazelle cyclic felt great. No deadzone at all. After re-install - can't get rid of the deadzone. Tried re-installing the Gazelle again but it's still happeneing. I'm flying with a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog so got no slop in the centre to confuse the issue.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I really need to get this sorted.

EDIT: Oops, shoulda posted in "bugs and problems", sorry. Also see topic already mentioned. My bad.

RESOLVED: Found the solution posted by Fragbum in the bugs and problems section - after my re-install I missed the checkbox for force feedback in the "misc" tab under options. The Gaz is flying nicely again... phew!!

Sorry for my knee-jerk post - in the wrong section to boot. Please feel free to delete this post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Hunter_5E

Happy you got it sorted. So now you don't feel any deadzone at all?

For me there is still a small but annoying deadzone present, despite having all FFB related settings turned off/zeroed out. By using a small custom curve tweak I can mask it but not get rid of it entirely.

I have seen others mention they get the deadzone to disappear completely by disabling the FFB, and I'm very curious why some have a total success while others (me) only get an improvement but still present. I fly with a full length (-ish) cyclic, while you have an ordinarily joystick. I wonder if my longer stick makes me more sensitive to it? Who knows...

End of rambling...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Happy you got it sorted. So now you don't feel any deadzone at all?

For me there is still a small but annoying deadzone present, despite having all FFB related settings turned off/zeroed out. By using a small custom curve tweak I can mask it but not get rid of it entirely.

I have seen others mention they get the deadzone to disappear completely by disabling the FFB, and I'm very curious why some have a total success while others (me) only get an improvement but still present. I fly with a full length (-ish) cyclic, while you have an ordinarily joystick. I wonder if my longer stick makes me more sensitive to it? Who knows...

End of rambling...

Yes, it got rid of the dead zone altogether. I have a 5" extension on my Hog cyclic and it's mounted on the front of my chair between my legs. I use 50% saturation "Y" on pitch and roll and it feels great. Does your stick have hall sensors in it? They are the only way to go really. No slop or noise in the centre.

Having to disable FFB altogether is neither a fix nor a solution... this module is a dust collector for me until it gets it's FM revamped, which will happen after the Kiowa release.

I do agree the flight model is not right but it is still fun to fly and small enough radar cross section that you can sneak up on BUK units easier than the shark. More nimble too so more chance of evading their missiles if they do fire on you. I'm looking forward to the FM re-vamp but still enjoying it for it's potency on the battlefield in the meantime.

Yes, it got rid of the dead zone altogether. I have a 5" extension on my Hog cyclic and it's mounted on the front of my chair between my legs. I use 50% saturation "Y" on pitch and roll and it feels great. Does your stick have hall sensors in it? They are the only way to go really. No slop or noise in the centre.

So it's not related to the length then. And yes, I have hall sensors (a modified PFT Lynx). Really peculiar, some have the deadzone, some don't. Haven't tried the saturation, but I'm pretty happy without adjusting it otherwise.

I'm with you on the FM, not perfect but quite fun nevertheless, and I mostly just fly around, just recently started playing with weapons. It's the (small) deadzone that is the biggest issue for me right now.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5