[NO BUG]TGP follows moving target even when shadowed

Gnabbla

As the title says, TGP keeps track of moving target even when shadowed or outside gimbal limits.

Once you regain visual again, it still is tracking fine.

And I don't speak about a disruption of maybe a few second which might be plausible. More about like flying a complete 180 turn quite slowly (20 seconds plus) where the tgp is shadowed the whole time.

The TGP is capable of INR tracking, meaning it'll extrapolate the position of the target and "track it", even when it's masked. As long as the target keeps moving along the same direction, with the same speed, the TGP should be able to keep tracking it, even after some time.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The TGP is capable of INR tracking, meaning it'll extrapolate the position of the target and "track it", even when it's masked. As long as the target keeps moving along the same direction, with the same speed, the TGP should be able to keep tracking it, even after some time.

INR refers to the pod being able to remain more or less ground stabilized when masked, not extrapolating a moving target.

Watch the attached track. I'm pretty sure it can't do that.

In the beginning it takes some time for me to get a point track. maybe due to the range. Then I'm going to turn back to obscure the TGP FoV. After turning back it still tracks the moving tank quite well.

I'll watch the track tonight. It should be able to kinda guess, but not perfectly.

@Santi871 OK for the INR term, but can't the pod perform any kind of path extrapolation? I think this has been a thing in the Warthog as well, unless I'm mistaken.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team

Hi

If the target is on the same track and speed the TPOD will try and maintain the lock.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2