[REPORTED]JDAM/JSOW PP Programming behavior with invalid data

Gnabbla

This one is a bit complicated to explain.

But it happened to me the last time when programming all my PP's.

Due to the fact, that you cant enter the altitude at the same place where you enter you lat/long coordinates, I wanted to save time (instead of going back and forth) and decided to enter all my coordinates first by entering the long and lat and just stepping through all stations until I'm done.

Each PP is overlayed with a X, because the altitude is still missing and therefor it's invalid. Which is fine.

But once you enter the altitude data for one given PP to make it valid.

You're going to override the other PP's as well with the Data of the first valid one when entering the Altitude data for those. Meaning that each PP will have the same long and lat coords. As I said it's a bit complicated to explain but that's why I've attached a track file.

jdam_pp_waypoints.trk

I've done this exact same procedure, and not had any issues..... Are you using precise coordinates? Also, all you have to do is depress the TGT UFC button twice on the DDI displaying the PP station data to get the UFC to display the option to input elevation, so really not saving much time by doing it the other way.....

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Watch my track file. Coordinates are precise and are accepted.

You're right, I could press the UFC button twice but it's gonna be some more work.

In my case I'm usually engaging and programming targets which do stand very close together (e.g. SAM Site) meaning that the elevation ist mostly the same or differs about 1-2 feet which I don't care.

When you've entered your elevation, it's still selected. All I need to do now is cycle through each station or pp and press enter each time. I don't have to enter the elevation again, nor do I've to click several buttons (in your case 2* UFC Button, 1*Select Elevation, 1*Desired Unit(Feet/Meter) and the Elevation on the Numpad itself). I'm just pressing enter and that's it :-)

Edited by Gnabbla

Watch my track file. Coordinates are precise and are accepted.

You're right, I could press the UFC button twice but it's gonna be some more work.

In my case I'm usually engaging and programming targets which do stand very close together (e.g. SAM Site) meaning that the elevation ist mostly the same or differs about 1-2 feet which I don't care.

When you've entered your elevation, it's still selected. All I need to do now is cycle through each station or pp and press enter each time. I don't have to enter the elevation again, nor do I've to click several buttons (in your case 2* UFC Button, 1*Select Elevation, 1*Desired Unit(Feet/Meter) and the Elevation on the Numpad itself). I'm just pressing enter and that's it :-)

I get that, but if you are using PP - you should realistically be entering those while you are on the ground (since we lack a data cartridge currently), which obviously gives more time to do so while not multi tasking in flight. Don't get me wrong, I've certainly input PP coordinates while in flight, from a 9 line, but personally don't see any issue with doing so and method works just fine. Apologies for not downloading your track, but I refrain from downloading any files from forums. Not personal, just don't trust people (training). Best of luck sorting things out.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You might be right when it comes to realistic behavior or how things should be done according to realistic procedures. But I'm playing the game and don't want to act like a real hornet driver.

So, this is the bug report section. I'm sure that I've found one and that's why I did this report.

Regardless of how useful it might be or needed.

• ED Team

Hi we will try and find out,

as far as I can tell by skipping the altitude input and moving on to the next PP you are creating the problem.

Of-course to get around this the altitude should be entered before moving on.

EDIT: I have reported to the team for clarification.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just an update, the team have confirmed it is a bug and have fixed it already, hopefully it will be in the next update.

thank you for your report.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2