Mozdok NDB's don't change for runway heading

Highwayman-Ed

Whilst re-learning the L-39, I found that the ADF instructions for the landing pattern referenced the NDB bearing, but it was off by about 30 degrees during the pattern.

On the next fly-through of the mission, I then took notice of the fact that I heard the NDB beacon warnings for the Inner and Outer markers as I was climbing out from the take-off from Runway 08.

From my understanding, the NDB beacons are supposed to be automatically switched based on the current runway direction being used, but maybe I (and the training mission) am missing something and there is a simple switch to select it.

The mission is the stock L39-Training-2-Circular Pattern mission, and a track file linked.

For my own curiosity, following this post, I set up aircraft at all of the airfields in Russia with NDB's at both ends of the runway, and they all behaved the same way.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
Added info about other airfields

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi

The markers in DCS are activated based on wind direction, so it will be from the active runway side only.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

That’s what I thought, but it’s not happening. In the track attached, the aircraft starts on the runway into a 3 m/s wind and the active beacons are in front of the aircraft. The same is true, of Krasnodar, Anapa, Maykop. Regardless of the wind direction, the same NDB beacons are active.

I set an aircraft on the runway in the ME, set the wind direction from the East and the beacons to the East of Mozdok are active. Edit the mission and change the wind direction by 180 degrees to come from the West, and the aircraft starts from the opposite end of the runway, but the same beacons on the East end of the runway are active.

No mods, clean and repaired copy of the DCS Open Beta

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]