Changing RADAR Page Color

blunt_waco

Hi all;

I would like to experiment with changing the color of the RADAR page. I'm having hard time seeing the fine details in VR. I want to see if I change the background/foreground color would help me identify those fine details better.

How do I do it? do I change the lua files or use a MOD?

Thank you.

If you want to change the font color, it's easy, you can do it via editing the materials.lua file, located in \DCS\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\. Change the RGB values of the MDG_materials to what you want.

If you want to change the color of the glass display, then you have to use a texture mod. There are some available in the User Files section the DCS website.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If you want to change the font color, it's easy, you can do it via editing the materials.lua file, located in \DCS\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\. Change the RGB values of the MDG_materials to what you want.

If you want to change the color of the glass display, then you have to use a texture mod. There are some available in the User Files section the DCS website.

How about the background color of the RADAR page?

How about the background color of the RADAR page?
You mean the dark green background, right? That would be the color of the CRT glass display. Need a texture mod for that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro