Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nice. you realy are chuging along their. I like the dash with the plates on it look clean. Can't wait to see the gaigues in it.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

wow nice. you realy are chuging along their. I like the dash with the plates on it look clean. Can't wait to see the gaigues in it.

Thanx Mate..! :thumbup:

I Agree with you with it looking a bit Clean. But then again I'm dreading the whole cut-out-holes process.. Mainly because it's SOOO BOORING..! (maybe I can trick some kid into doin' it for me if I pay him..? .... ok ... my sicko-alarm just went of..?)

Got all the gears in place now..

dscf45566664385.jpg

dscf45536671377.jpg

dscf45546676828.jpg

dscf45556682235.jpg

A friend of mine made a coment about like this some time ago.:

"Why the H*ll do you spend time removing all the gears from an old VCR for.? It's trash! You must be stupid..!"

Well, to my dear previous friend... UP Y*URS..! LMAO:megalol: This is why..!

All that is left is to fix the motor, and the Hall Effect sensor. And plug it in..!

.... THE USB PLUG.. CH*ST.. You've got a one-track-mind.. :music_whistling:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know what guys..?

It just dawned on me... In a couple of hours I'll have a filghtsim (the BEST one btw.. Thanx ED), a Cyclic Stick with FFB AND FFB Pedals to play with..!

Super Nerd-YAAAHOOOO...!

(Added 5 munites later: And NOW I found this homepage from Mark (place surname here)..!

Message to Mark: You 'tha MAN..! You just saved me a whole lot of work figuring out the button PCB. AND you gave me confidence in upgrading to a larger motor if needed.. I credit you for this MOD.. Than you!)

Marks Homepage (You have to check this out..!): http://home.comcast.net/~mshaker/marks_arcade_006.htm

Edited by Triggerhappy69

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trigger... you left out the link to Mark (surname)'s home page! :)

(Well, you indicated I should be more direct... sort of...) :music_whistling:

Seriously though, the controls are coming along great! :thumbup: It's certainly educational to see how you solve various challenges. That was a good point about the VCR gears. I'm pretty sure I've got at least one dead one sitting around out in the garage... I may just have to give that a look.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

New Panels finished

I had some time left before bed (actually I cut hand, so I couldn't do more work:cry:), so I finished some more work on the Panels.

landingandvoicewarningc.jpg

This one is not finished with the text..

weaponssystempanel06793.jpg

Just checking the switch placement on the PCB

weaponscontrolpanel8472.jpg

Some cleaning up done on this one..

I'll be adding the G-Codes for CnC when I have done them ..

'Nite all..!:thumbup:

Edited by Triggerhappy69
Posted picture of the correct panel..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

where did you buy the CnC router ???? And what did it cost you ??

pretty awesome work......

thanks

stelios

I didn't buy it my friend..:music_whistling: (I didn't steal it either.. LoL)

I just woke up one morning with a rough idea of whet I wanted it to look like in my head. So I went out in the garage and started cutting some MDF...?

If you want to I can make some simple drawing and post them here for you?

As far as how much money I have spent on it? Hang on and I'll put together a list:

HobbyCNC Controller Card: 79,- USD

MDF and screws, glue and such: 50,- USD

Power Supply 24V, 9A (ebay): 45.- USD

Mach3 Software: Free Version

Stepper Motors: Scavenged from a Conica Minolta Copying machine that was thrown away.

Hours of tinkering time: Priceless!

Grand total: 174,- USD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pretty cheap............

you have the gift of creating things...........

i dont

:-(

but i am trying..........hahahaha

:helpsmilie:... Well it seems I really DON'T have a gift for creating things..

I completly forgott that the reason for angled gears are to make them grip each other without grinding when they are used in for instance a gearbox.

However if you don't fix them so they can't move at all up or down the axle, then they "crawl". And this will come out as play in the gears.!

So I dumped that idea!

Now I'm making a 1:20 ratio belt drive instead..?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hours of tinkering time: Priceless!

ROFL

I started a new project room just for siming.

1. how out the room
  2. clean
  3. paint
  4. detail
  5. start to install pit and shelving <not here yeat
  6. move Pc equipment in and install
  7. fine tune
  8. find another project to do. :D

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

So here is what I finly did for my rudders. I took my stering wheel peadeals and cut them down to fit inside the cinter console. cut some notches for the bolts to move in. and bolted it all down nice and solid. they work grrrrreat :thumbup:

My next project it to mod a old X36 I have for a collective. I hope it works only as DX buttons and X axes

Edited by CAT_101st

:helpsmilie:... Well it seems I really DON'T have a gift for creating things..

I completly forgott that the reason for angled gears are to make them grip each other without grinding when they are used in for instance a gearbox.

However if you don't fix them so they can't move at all up or down the axle, then they "crawl". And this will come out as play in the gears.!

So I dumped that idea!

Now I'm making a 1:20 ratio belt drive instead..?

Helical gears are for strength and there is a loss of power transfer with this type as the tradeoff.. straight cut gears are the opposite, they deliver the most power transfer but are not as strong as helical gears.

FYI

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

WOOOT i go off for a weeks holiday to play golf and you manage to not only finish your CNC mill and get a nice control box for it, but also build a set of FFB pedals from an old steering column!!!!!

I gotta stop playing golf and continue working on my stick...

WOOOT i go off for a weeks holiday to play golf and you manage to not only finish your CNC mill and get a nice control box for it, but also build a set of FFB pedals from an old steering column!!!!!

I gotta stop playing golf and continue working on my stick...

He He... You snooze.. and so on..:music_whistling:

Seriously.. Your golf weekend was probably time better spent.. 'Cause I've had to discard a couple of ideas conserning the FFB Pedals since then..? (that's why there hasn't been an update for a while.:cry:)

But I have found a way now that works.. Yahooo..!

After some discussing with my old man (from now on called "My old father, the engineer" for short), debating the finer sides of gear ratios and mechanics. It seems I'll do the pedals in a two step procedure.

First I'll use the motor that came with the Wheel., like this (major update as soon as I've tested and seen that it works):

dscf45865074985.jpg

dscf45885084204.jpg

And then I'll build a new set of pedals using a 50 Volt motor that feeds of a servo amplifier I got from Ebay!

f2b7_1.JPG

Now I have no clue how this thing works in practice, so I'll need to do some learning before I move on... But I'm sure I can make it work.. I hope:cry:?

The stick is almost done now:

dscf45755026909.jpg

And the electronics for it has been tested.

dscf45795052114.jpg

Again I'll do a complete update on that as soon as I get the text transferred to the Stick handle with these Letra-Set transfers.

dscf45835064875.jpg

And naturally the promised video when I've got it hooked up to the simulator..

Ps. I have actually allready test flown it.. and the trimming with the counter weights on the stick is just beautifull..! Can't wayt to do the whole thing..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW.. Just for laugh... Here is one of my more outragious ideas on the FFB Pedal subject..

dscf45644983314.jpg

dscf45674995245.jpg

dscf45695001431.jpg

dscf45705007678.jpg

Gear ratios are such simple math.. I have no clue what I was thinking...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL, well the weather was particularly good that week so i cant say i regret going :)

Remember to put a thick coat of lacquer on top of the lettering, I have had some experiences with dry transfers wearing out quite fast, but then again it is one of the techniques used for weathering plastics models ;) so if you wait a while befor coating it it might look a bit used aswell for added bonus :P

Depends on where in norway you are (same for sweden, finland, russia, canada and alaska. :P ).

Besides, if you're up in Finnmark and that area in the winter, you don't ever see the sun. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Pitbuilding Update - 02 may 2009 - Is sleeping overrated..?

I think I might have a clue as to what you were thinking!

Ken..? (Nervous LoL) I promise to walk your dog for you a whole year as long as you don't mention my "letters of intoxication" to anyone..? ......... Damn.!

:cry:

Remember to put a thick coat of lacquer on top of the lettering

That is a good advice man..! I did a test on some plastic, and you are absolutly right! I didn't have clear dull topcote at home, but I tested with 4 layers of clear primer? And boy did that make a difference! Without a sealing layer the letters came off with just some heavy rubbing with my fingertip. But after applying the layer of primer it's like the letters are a lot more resistant to both rubbing, and scratching with my fingernail. Thanx mate :thumbup:

Dam does it ever get dark in Norway? I mean do norwegians sleep?

Depends on where in norway you are (same for sweden, finland, russia, canada and alaska. :P ).

Besides, if you're up in Finnmark and that area in the winter, you don't ever see the sun. :P

I used to live up north for five years while I was in the Army, and It's wierd with the midnight sun and months of darkness.. I must say that I liked both seasons equaly much.. But the dark months were my favourite.. Because what you can't see on the postcards, is that the 24/7 daylight makes the birds do the bird version of "TWEET TWEET, me so h*rny" CONSTANTLY..

... but then again it's so beautifull upp north that you don't want to miss out on anything by sleeping.. I loved it up there..

.. I guess it's a curse or something. But one of the things I like best with this is the constant need to challenge my building skills.. And my skills are very limited. So for each new thing in the Pit, I have to figure out how build it within that very limited range?

I'm always thinking about some little thing.. And when I get an idea for something, I just have to work on it until I either discard the idea as "what the h*ell was i thinking".. or I get lucky..:huh:!

It's just such fun for me... Imagine all the cool stuff that is left to learn.?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL

"TWEET TWEET, me so h*rny"

I couldn't agree more with you more trigger, Norway is soo beautiful up north, with the emerald fjords and the dramatic landscape. (I loved to fly the EF2000 sim buzzing around in the fjords) and if it wasn't for the cold water and the "klegg" (a cross between a bloodsucking fly and a big bee) i wouldn't mind living there myself...