appear frozen at 10% since update

silent one

With ht enew update dcs appears frosen at the start screen at 10% . I seem to remember this took a while ona first install. But this time its been sitting at 10%f or over a hour. Any ideas whats up?
Don't run Vicom voice attack

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

I had the same issue. I carried out a repair of dcs and it cleared and loaded as it should. Although the situation returned at another dcs session so had to repair again. I seem to have a slight drop in smoothness performance in VR.

WC

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Thanks guys . That was it. I did a quick repair and with the viacom removed it worked. I only just got viacom. Do I reinstall viacom ? or is this something that will just keep screwing my install? I only just bought it . grr.

Many thinks guys . Id never have clicked it was a mod that had screwed up the install :)

Edit. I checked over at the viacom thread. Looks like everyone having this issue and I guess well have to wait for a fix :)

Edited by silent one

Need to clarify if this is a VA or VAICOM issue. Or both.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

It appears to be a VAICOM issue. When it starts up it replaces/modifies files in your DCS installation. Some of the file structure has changed in 2.5.6 and some of the files VAICOM modifies were moved. As others have said, don't run VAICOM with 2.5.6 and it will launch normally. Of course, that means no more voice until it's fixed. The VAICOM folks are aware and looking into it.

It appears to be a VAICOM issue. When it starts up it replaces/modifies files in your DCS installation. Some of the file structure has changed in 2.5.6 and some of the files VAICOM modifies were moved. As others have said, don't run VAICOM with 2.5.6 and it will launch normally. Of course, that means no more voice until it's fixed. The VAICOM folks are aware and looking into it.

Thank you.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS