Thanks to all people of Eagle Dynamics!

Dutch Baron

OHHhhhhhh!!!!! You brought up Gunship! I was just thinking of this the other day. Remember Gunship 2000? DCS is getting close and closer to bringing us all the Helos in that game. We have the Kiowa inbound, Cobra is on the horizon, now all we need on the list is the Apache, Blackhawk, and Little Bird. Comanche is obviously not going to happen, but I am good with that. Never went into full production anyways. Bad ass helo none the less though. I would love to have a Seahawk for the upcoming dynamic campaign and carrier module. I would even go with a SH-2 Seasprite. Moving supplies, rescuing down pilots for missions, ect....

Edited by robert.clark251

OHHhhhhhh!!!!! You brought up Gunship! I was just thinking of this the other day. Remember Gunship 2000? DCS is getting close and closer to bringing us all the Helos in that game. We have the Kiowa inbound, Cobra is on the horizon, now all we need on the list is the Apache, Blackhawk, and Little Bird. Comanche is obviously not going to happen, but I am good with that. Never went into full production anyways. Bad ass helo none the less though. I would love to have a Seahawk for the upcoming dynamic campaign and carrier module. I would even go with a SH-2 Seasprite. Moving supplies, rescuing down pilots for missions, ect....
Yeh, although somehow Gunship 2000 never gripped me like the original did, I guess it was the initial wow factor of a first game onboard an aircraft, even though in hindsight it looked rubbish. I had a number of flight sims in the nineties but largely was a sim racer. It wasn't until VR in DCS I got truly hooked again!

Maybe it has a greater impact for those like us who can remember how our first sims from 20-30 years ago were like. It sounds corny but flying in VR with cockpits we can interact with and no need for padlock views or the like, we just look around, really is like a dream come true from when I started.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I remember the Mega Fortress days, or the days where external cams were barley a thing. I am almost 40 now and the leap in technology has been more than astounding. I hope someday DCS can implement a heavy bomber module. I would love to utilize multiple stations like the Mega Fortress days or B-17 the Mighty 8th days. There was nothing more satisfying than making it back from a bomb run damaged and bringing your B-17 home with only a few operational engines. For its day, it had some pretty damn good sound effect for the engines and startup. Great sim. Cannot wait for DCS to bring the Flying Fortress home. Grandfather flew them during the war. I grew up around them here in Texas with the Confederate Air Force and Vintage Flying Museum.

I remember the Mega Fortress days, or the days where external cams were barley a thing. I am almost 40 now and the leap in technology has been more than astounding. I hope someday DCS can implement a heavy bomber module. I would love to utilize multiple stations like the Mega Fortress days or B-17 the Mighty 8th days. There was nothing more satisfying than making it back from a bomb run damaged and bringing your B-17 home with only a few operational engines. For its day, it had some pretty damn good sound effect for the engines and startup. Great sim. Cannot wait for DCS to bring the Flying Fortress home. Grandfather flew them during the war. I grew up around them here in Texas with the Confederate Air Force and Vintage Flying Museum.

I`ll second that wish, I`d LOVE to see a B-17 Module, (or for me, even better a Lancaster..). Actually, I still play B17 the Mighty 8th, - its on steam and I still own a CD version.

( https://store.steampowered.com/app/328900/B17_Flying_Fortress_The_Mighty_8th/ )

The Mighty 8th is what I progressed to playing, after playing Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe & Chuck Yeagers Air-Combat, (I loved those too). I think it would be a blast being able to team up with friends to fill all the roles in a Bomber and take on a full mission.

Heres hoping for the future! :)

Edited by The Flying Cat

Aircraft:- Almost ALL of em. - Except...the F14,the F5E,the C101,the JF-17,the MIG19P, and the FW190-A8. (Just 6 to go to complete the set...) :thumbup:

Outstanding SIMS, but lets not forget this rarely mentioned jewel, Mig Alley. You could fly the F-86, F-84, F-80, P-51, Mig 15, and Mig 15 bis. They had a lot of AI aircraft as well for that generation. It would be another outstanding Era to bring to DCS if a Korean map could be made. Mash units, the aircraft listed above along with a multitude of others. I hope Mig Alley finds its way to DCS someday. I LOVED strafing trains with the P-51 in that game. The dogfights were good stuff too. I would love to see a DCS F-84 or F-80.

517HT88Z4TL.jpg