New Beta Update Broke Install World.dll missing and cannot be repaired.

Hello, I tried repairing and the updater keeps telling me " World.dll Access is denied. I tried making the files read able (windows doesn't save the changes) and changed the files permissions. No dice. Don't want to reinstall as I want to restart a very long A-10 campaign.

Edited by Procrastinator55

Hello, I tried repairing and the updater keeps telling me " World.dll Access is denied. I tried making the files read able (windows doesn't save the changes) and changed the files permissions. No dice. Don't want to reinstall as I want to restart a very long A-10 campaign.

Antivirus interfering with false positive:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264465&highlight=World.dll

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264566

or

Corrupt directory / file structure:

1. Run Chkdsk on HDD for errors.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Install is on a SSD. Issue appeared with new update and would be easily corrected if I could force the DCS directory files to be read/write and not read only. That is causing the issue. The repair tool would then be able to reinstall the missing world.dll. I've resorted to reinstalling to a new folder out side of the programs folder to help prevent this in the future.

• ED Team

Antivirus are not always right, in this case it is a false positive, once the virus definitions catch up it should be fine.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have a similar problem. A few updates ago, it wouldn't open, missing a file, and stopped a virus. I updated when it became available, and then it worked. Another update came up, got it, and now the same problem exists. Repair doesn't work. This the same? Fix?

• 1 month later...

so my issue is kinda the same but not

fails integrity check due to

mods/aircraft/f14/bin/f14-heatblurcommon.dll

when i try to run a repair it wont complete due to same file...... defender is off no other antivirus on computer

i also went into module manager and removed the f14 and tried repair with same result

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]GrumpyFinn