RB-15F / Bx8 Input TID: HUD and datapanel screen do not agree

Leviathan667

In Wrath of Thunder, mission 8, we are supposed to make the RB-15s reach the russian ships at 0713. For the Ck37 to compute the ETA, I did the following

1. Select Input TID (Datapanel)
  2. Press 071300 (Datapanel)
  3. Press Bx (Navigation panel)
  4. Press 8 (Datapanel)

While in flight, the HUD cues do not agree with the Output TID on the datapanel screen. See screenshots.

The HUD shows I am ahead or right on time. TID shows I am very late for the RB-15 to reach the russian ships at 0713.

Is this a bug or is it I who have missed something?

Screen_200222_193647.thumb.png.a37afe7df2cf01e881059ae89c0c97a2.png

Screen_200222_194256.thumb.png.883224b7f98fef455619bac708439f43.png

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

They show different things. If the HUD fin is touching the ring you have the right speed and acceleration to reach the _current waypoint_ on time. You could however currently be very late (but catching up), or early (but flying slower than planned). If the TID-output shows 0 then you are at the planned distance to waypoint at the right time, but it doesn’t say that you will _arrive_ on time. You could be flying too slow or fast. If both time-errors are zero then you are flying at the planned speed.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Let me sum up your reply as I understand it:

HUD fin = time-error computation relative to the next waypoint

TID output = time-error computation relative to the waypoint for which a ToT has been set.

Is that what you meant?

My finding is that:

HUD fin = time-error computation relative to the ToT for Bx8), using the speed of the missile as a reference (as if the missile were to be released immediately, with no consideration for the missile's limited range)

TID output = time-error computation relative to the target waypoint (e.g. M3), i.e. when the aircraft should be at M3 for the missile to be released and reach Bx8 at the defined ToT.

I just flew WoT mission 8 again. In the mission planner, I adjusted the aircraft speed to mach 0.55 for all waypoints, including M3.

I noticed the same behaviour where the HUD fin would not agree with the TID output (HUD fin shows I'm too early as compared to the TID output).

But, in following closely the cues on the TID output, i.e. keeping it at 0, I could make the HUD fin cue to eventually agree with it at M3, when it was time to release the missiles. Following this method, the missiles did reach the russian ships at 0713.

What do you think? Is this interpretation right?

This is how I modified the mission cartridge in the mission planner:

1. LS at 0640
  2. WP1 at mach 0.55, no ToT set in the cartridge but in the mission order, have to hold there until 0701 (I did not follow this procedure and only focused on the output TID screen).
  3. WP2 at mach 0.55, no ToT
  4. WP3 at mach 0.55 no ToT
  5. Release of RB-15F
  6. Bx8 at 0713 ToT
  7. L1 at mach 0.55, no ToT

Also, I noticed after release of the missiles and on my way to L1, the HUD fin continues to behave as if I was still going back to M3 to release the missiles again, Even after I switched to LAND NAV. Actually, even after lowering the undercarriage, no landing cues did appear. They were superseded by the ToT on Bx8 cues. Not sure it is a bug or if I should cancel the TID input (but if so, how?).

Thanks

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,