2 stage triggers

Working up an HCU stick for the Tomcat, wondering what anyone is using for 2 stage triggers that isn't a $100 sealed waterproof OTTO trigger. Either a layout for a 2 tactile switch bracket to 3-d print, or anyone using a DSLR camera Shutter release button? Other not ruinously expensive OTTO two stage push buttons?

You don't need a expensive military hardware for this, joystick trigger work in the same way.

The two stage is just two tactile micro switches in tandem, each with their own springs.

See inside Warthog:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6397&d=1388223745

Or in VKB F-14 "tomcat" grip:

In the removed PCB is the two tactile micro-switches.

Right, but from a "my computer won't run Fusion 360 (mac....) and I mostly have to work in Tinkercad" standpoint, I can look at how manufacturers do it, but that doesn't mean I can make something with fine enough detail myself where parts will usefully fit together. I'm stuck at the re-mix stuff together phase of 3-D design because I went through school way back in the early oughts when we still used paper and Ortho drawings.

And where do you buy the two little perfectly sized springs with diffrent rates? etc...

Thingverse came up 100% zipola.

Well, I have the 3D files and the switches are regular cheap keyboard switches.

The springs was scrounged.

But this isn’t rocket science.

Just experiment with the trigger, springs and at what distance you need to put the switches.

I made a simple jig, like this:

Oh! BTW, Fusion 360 works on Mac.

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 1

Well, I have the 3D files and the switches are regular cheap keyboard switches.

The springs was scrounged.

But this isn’t rocket science.

Just experiment with the trigger, springs and at what distance you need to put the switches.

I made a simple jig, like this:

Oh! BTW, Fusion 360 works on Mac.

Not on my mac. Believe me I tried.