Gunfighter Mk 2 input issue in DCS

Drakhogekko

Hello all.

I have a VKB Gunfighter Mk2 with a MCGPro grip on it.

I have an issue occurring only in DCS release and Open Beta but not in other games (X-Plane, WarThunder).

The joystick is recognized in DCS but seems to send no input (axis not moving, buttons not working)

Sometimes, it works back after several game restart, sometimes, a computer reboot isn't even enough.

This happens only with the VKB and only in DCS, with or without VR (Vive Cosmos)

Any idea on what could induce this or on a workaround ?

Check for duplicate axis assignments.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for the advice :)

but it wasn't that...

I might need to say that some weeks ago, it worked just fine and this issue is not limited to one aircraft but to DCS (again, works fine with X-Plane 11.41)

Here what's have been tested :

- Clear the joystick configurations -> No effect

- Reinstall DCS -> No effect

- Reinstall Windows (with drive formatting) -> No effect

When I open the axis tester from within VKBDevCfg, the axis are moving just fine until DCS shows the loading progress bar, they then stop moving until I quit DCS.

Device informations :

Product Name: VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro

PRO version

T-Link supported

Firmware version: v1.95B

You could try to rename your DCS savegame folder (C:\users\xxx\saved games\DCS or DCS.openbeta) and let DCS rebuild it from scratch. Then try to assign the joystick functions.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.