Using external power

Laer

Hi. If I'm sitting on the ramp in the Hornet, and want to go on external power (in order to talk to the tower prior to startup), I know how to ask the ground crew to hook up external power, but am unclear on what other things need to be done/adjusted.

I imagine I need to change something on the five Ground Power switches on the left side console (I see that one of those switches involves the UFC). Not really clear on that, nor what the fifth switch (Off, Auto, Reset) one should be set at. Also, whether the Battery button (right side console) needs to be on or what.

Not even sure if this stuff is even currently implemented.... so, here I am.

Yep, battery was off. I know that one of the switches (first or second) is specifically linked to the UFC, among other systems.

Wasn't clear on the proper procedure/setup, and was hoping someone here would be able to fill me in on that.

1. Connect external power

2. Place the (temporary) switch to RESET and back to NORM (it will stay off if you don't)

3. Hold one of the ground power switch to A or B for 3 seconds or more, any shorter and it will snap back to off

4. Place other ground power switches to A or B as required (no need to hold them now)

You can find the list of which systems are powered by which ground power switch on the left side of the cockpit. Note that all B positions also power everything the A position powers. For example, SW1 B position powers everything the SW1 A position does, plus other stuff.

If you want to keep it simple and power everything, you can just put every switch to B.

Also, I don't see why you would want to turn off you battery ; it will be charged by the external power anyway.

There's a panel on the left side wall that describes what each switch powers in each position. The list of each system powered by Position B describes that it will also power all systems listed in Position A, so Position A would more likely be used for maintenance in order to power limited, isolated systems.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thanks for the explanation, RobinHood. Much appreciated. I'll try that out next session. I think I did have it working on my first try, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something, and also just wanted to hear the official procedure.