Bad screen tearing with a Freesync 2 monitor and an RX 5700xt

Getting some pretty bad screen tearing on DCS world with a Freesync 2 monitor and RX 5700 xt. Anyone know what I can do to reduce it or get rid of it? I don't want to have to resort to V-sync which locks it at 30 fps.

Edited by Hoodaya

And make sure your Freeync is actually ON. It might need a setting enabled on the screen, via it's OSD. Had that lately on a FreeSync screen @ 5700XT, took an hour to find the cause

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

locks it at 30 fps.

You mean 60? Why would you go Freesync with such low hertz? I feel like you might be running more than just one monitor, am I right? I would make sure your freesync monitor itself is operating at it's max refresh. Hopefully you're on Windows 10, right-click on desktop, Display settings, scroll to bottom and click Advanced Display Settings. If it says less than 60 next to refresh rate then click display adapter properties and Monitor and change it.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

You mean 60? Why would you go Freesync with such low hertz? I feel like you might be running more than just one monitor, am I right? I would make sure your freesync monitor itself is operating at it's max refresh. Hopefully you're on Windows 10, right-click on desktop, Display settings, scroll to bottom and click Advanced Display Settings. If it says less than 60 next to refresh rate then click display adapter properties and Monitor and change it.

I think he means that he can't maintain 60 Hz so it drops the lock to 30 which is normal for Vsync.