whats going on with my throttle``

Hey Guys,

Just bought the F18 and the Persian Gulf due to the Sale. WOW.... I have been doing the training missions, and now when I am trying to do the Straight in approach landing, every time my throttle in the Cockpit does not want to move forward. it jumps back and forth like its stuttering. the plane loses airspeed and I crash every time. Don't know what caused this. it worked fine yesterday, and now I can't fly at all. tried the free flight and it does the same. Cant get the throttle to move forward. No Speed no Afterburner, nothing... I am so pissed I feel like uninstalling this and forgetting about this game. I never had an issue flying the F15 on any missions.

Sorry for ranting.. I am using the Thrustmaster T16000M set, with joystick, throttle and Rudder pedals. They work great in all my other Sims. this just all of a sudden started.....:helpsmilie:

Hey Guys,

Just bought the F18 and the Persian Gulf due to the Sale. WOW.... I have been doing the training missions, and now when I am trying to do the Straight in approach landing, every time my throttle in the Cockpit does not want to move forward. it jumps back and forth like its stuttering. the plane loses airspeed and I crash every time. Don't know what caused this. it worked fine yesterday, and now I can't fly at all. tried the free flight and it does the same. Cant get the throttle to move forward. No Speed no Afterburner, nothing... I am so pissed I feel like uninstalling this and forgetting about this game. I never had an issue flying the F15 on any missions.

Sorry for ranting.. I am using the Thrustmaster T16000M set, with joystick, throttle and Rudder pedals. They work great in all my other Sims. this just all of a sudden started.....:helpsmilie:

I have the same setup.

As the others say, check that the throttle slider on the joystick isn't mapped to the throttle axis.

DCS treats the stick and throttle/pedals as two entities and has a way of double mapping the first time in a new module.

Check the twist axis on the stick as well while you're at it...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Guaranteed double mapped axes. DCS like to "help" by shotgun mapping every axis on a controller to something - anything - when a new controller is detected. You have to delete all of these and map fresh or your rudder pedals with slap your stick around and other such fun things.

I really wish they would get rid of this "feature". It's not helping anyone. How about the software ASKS FIRST if that's what I want?

Agree 100%. This is such a PITA!

Its fine for the A10C with the TWH except for trim.

Then we have every hat switch double mapped for views.

I would rather it was blank for all others and let us do our own mapping.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10