HUD declutter with gear down

Rennes

I've seen a few HUD tapes that show that the data on the lower left is removed when the gear is lowered. The time of day and the G data. The AoA only shows up when AoA is out of the E bracket. It can be tough sometimes seeing the IFLOLS with all that stuff in the way.

I know most of it can be removed manually. But it's not something I want to do in the groove and if I recall declutter removes some other data from the hud that you will want before getting to the groove.

I manually do that long before I'm in the groove. As far as I know there's no automagic way to clean up the HUD.

EW -> HUD off

HSI -> TIMEUFC -> remove time from the HUD (makes bank angle easier to see)

HSI -> ILS and TCN on, distance to 10

CRS to BRC

Make sure TCN and ILS are on and on the right channel

Hook down

RALT to 370 or so

NOW you can worry about IPs and patterns and on-speed and all that stuff

I guess your right, it does remove most of it. I didn't think it did. I should have checked first.

It doesn't remove the time of day as it should, but yeah, that's not a big deal to turn off well ahead of time.

HSI -> TIMEUFC

First think i do after start taxiing.

Sorry...I have a mission that puts me on the CV downwind; hit fly, active pause, clean everything up, then fly the pattern and crash into the back of the boat.

I've done that so many times I've forgotten what it's like to start up and fly away with everything pre-set... :)