Bug With 2.5.6 VR Audio w/Headphones

cdjung1
Go to solution Solved by Looking Glass,

Hi,

With the update issued today (4/16/2020) the ability to use headphones to hear radio comms no longer functions. Prior to the update I was able to have my main audio sounds (engines, guns, missiles, etc.) come out of my external speakers while setting the secondary output to my Rift S headphones. This worked fine prior to the update and now no longer functions. Switching to the Rift S headphones output for voice comms results in no sounds coming out of the Rift S headphones. Not sure what happened, but it would be nice to have it working again!

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Yes I have the same audio routing issue. 

NON VR mode - audio routing fine

- DCS works fine, main audio to surround speakers, radio comms to my usb headphones. Great

In VR Mode - audio routing not working 

- With RiftS the radio messages come out both the main speakers and the headphone and thus audio routing has not been split.

Has anyone solved this?

Thanks

• ED Team
On 12/10/2020 at 2:04 AM, steviebeats said:

In VR Mode - audio routing not working 

- With RiftS the radio messages come out both the main speakers and the headphone and thus audio routing has not been split.

Hmm, the idea was that the VR-headset is selected as the output(s) only when audio output is set to use the 'Default' device.

Is it working this way?

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Hi,

No the problem is still apparent.

The headphones (ai radio calsl) audio seems to be bleeding into the main audio output (default) depending on position of my head? Its hard to tell with VR on.  I did think maybe the Rifts Mic was picking up headphones and feeding back. Will test further..

Also just to note that by radio calls I mean audio files played through RADIO in mission editor via ai aircraft. 

So yeah still got the issue. Its more complex with VR I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Having very similar problem.

After the last update (to 2.5.6), radio comms and scripted voices played trough radio has dissappeared. All other sounds work just fine.

I do not use any VR set, it is just headset connected to the linear output of audio card.

The .log file is attached.

dcs.log

• Like 1

I have found that, if I switch the sound output to the monitor speakers (that goes trough my graphic card), everything works well. It seems that the issue is that new DCS version does not like my audio driver anymore.

Obviously, it is not a solution, now I will try to see if audio drivers reinstall/update helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...