[REPORTED]Help on mission crashes in mp

Mano

Hi all,

I've prepared a mission for my group and unfortunately we weren't able to conclude it because at a certain point it freezes and crashes.

I've made a second version reducing the static models present (in order to improve fps if it was the issue), but it crashed almost at the same mission time.

First try: we were 20+ pilots // .miz file

Second try: we were around 8 pilots // .miz file // ACMI

Third try: we were around 11 pilots - "light" version of the mission // ACMI

Server was the same all the time.

No logs were published by the server (hard crash)

No use of external scripts (only Editor triggers)

I believe the issue is related to the Ticonderoga that tries to defend against the AI Su-34, or, viceversa, the Su-34 that fire antiship missiles.

Any hint on what can be the cause of the crash? Any helpful people who want to try the mission?

Thanks in advance

• ED Team

Hi Mano

please add your server crash log when the crash happens and we will look for clues

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I suspect we had the same issue with my squadron last saturday.

We got 3 crashes in a row in multiplayer, custom mission on private server (open beta).

Every time, all 6 clients got timed out from server simultaneously.

Same mission every time, crash happens 1 or 2 seconds after a missile is shot at an AI Su-34.

Missile type AIM-120 or AIM-7, shot from player F/A-18 (different player each time).

Meanwhile, missiles were shot at other AI aircraft types, no issue.

Note that AI Su-34's were loaded with standard ground attack payload*, and might have attempted jettison when fired upon.

(*) Kh-25MR*4,R-73*2,R-27R*2,ECM

Cannot reproduce the issue in single player, seems to happen only in client/server configuration.

Client tracks failed on crash, and I could not find a proper log on my PC.

I will try to collect the server log and upload it here.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, and congrats ED for your otherwise excellent sim!

Moos

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.