Pimax 5k+ 60fps in MP on BFPG

Kazansky222

Credits to A hamburgler for giuring this out, I just want to make a separate post so it doesn't get lost in the 157 pages of the pimax thread.

For your info my system is an 8600k at 5.1ghz and a 1080ti, 32GB 3200mhz CL14 mem.

So first watch this video

Do what he says.

Then watch this video

Do what he says.

Then make your DCS settings this with 1.0 PD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BtHIMo4S_xV4U66WPxgvGeJm2mOCG3-_/view?usp=sharing

Then open up your pitool and made it look like this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1spxebKmDgpX9VmpgaBhKtKQkhOVgfac_/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oQ5s4AQYilq93Pvdk0mUkSkDWu1Jc6R1/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ehSNmm8SA6Ql4VjfLJpKP0qFCqWcA9UO/view?usp=sharing

Then apply and save.

Then make your steam VR SS look like this

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N6shGyyKoOLqtaGbwACz1AyHHjD6LXOO

TBH I'm found that anything between 36 and 42% runs ok. depends on which server you play on, BFPG destroys your CPU frametimes so you can run a little higher on it, but not too much. but if you play in SP or a server with less crap going on destroying framerate adjust accordingly.

Then make your Nvidia CP look like this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fg4OiRrnmoLcmyjOWqrPVldonyRbzfka/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1__Ba4TCXa2X79M78b98yBX8gxTkN4K5Y/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSlGz5RREDTbrK9h8MdfmqHe7-qXK_Zl/view?usp=sharing

Then restart your PC, and note everytime you adjust your Pitool GPU Catalyst you need to restart your PC for it to work right. They say just reboot the HMD, but I've found that only makes it work half the time.

I took a screenshot of me sitting on the ramp started up ready to go in a JF-17 on BFPG with like 40 players online getting 60fps ASW butter smooth no drops, but for some reason VRFPS doesn't show up on my screenshots.

*edit*

So my buddy was experimenting with my settings and found that judder can be completely avoided by setting nvidia FPS to 40, in game you still run at 60 ASW 99% of the time but when it can't maintain 60 it will drop a bit but as long as it stays above 40 you won't get the judder.

Also I'm now running 1.5 on pitool setting, and 38% on steam VR SS. So far a quick SP instant action looked a little better then old settings and no judders yet. Need to test MP.

pimaxsetting1.jpg.3a40d137829defbfb88c6e6529c8bce1.jpg

pimaxxxsetting2.jpg.c6dbd11f90e28c49e544f4589df5b3f9.jpg

pimaxsetting3.jpg.ca6ec18b87c834dd7db1aecb86d92c87.jpg

steamvr1.jpg.e3ccfbc38d2f701cb7d5907811a66d69.jpg

dcs1.thumb.jpg.1b8155b9791c5d34d5fd78fe1bd43c31.jpg

nviciacp1.jpg.474a4024fa5fa8b9504b2472787a3aab.jpg

nvidiacp2.jpg.8cea2b9ff0afc44113cd40305864b71b.jpg

nvidiacp3.jpg.1be54d62809f2d1c2b476a77c4cca579.jpg

Edited by Kazansky222

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Hmm there is something funky going on with pitools when ASW is activated it seems. I described it in the other thread where A hamburger wrote his tips.

My experience was that with no FPS limit in Nvidia control panel FPS would not be maintained at 60 even though GPU utilization had 30 or so percent headroom. It got alot better with a limit of 60, but still some issues. I'm going to try it at 40 FPS limit.

Thank you for the consolidation of the tips!

I would set the the FPS limit in Nvidia control Panel to 120 if you run 120Hz in Pitool.

If reprojection cuts the FPS into half ( 60 FPS ) means it only renders 60 fps instead of 120, but extrapolates every 2nd FPS and fills the gap with a copy of a prerendered frame in order to reach the target FPS/ Hz of 120 while only half of it ( 60 frames ) are actually rendered.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

I would set the the FPS limit in Nvidia control Panel to 120 if you run 120Hz in Pitool.

If reprojection cuts the FPS into half ( 60 FPS ) means it only renders 60 fps instead of 120, but extrapolates every 2nd FPS and fills the gap with a copy of a prerendered frame in order to reach the target FPS/ Hz of 120 while only half of it ( 60 frames ) are actually rendered.

In theory you are right. But for me with my system and the pimax 5k+, for some reason leaving the FPS limiter unlimited makes my FPS stay at 58 or so which leaves me in the situation where ASW is very unstable. Also if my FPS jumps slightly over 60 the software deactivates ASW and it "tries" for 120 Hz. Which it won't reach. Result is a jittery mess in and out of ASW. For Windows mixed reality headsets you can force ASW on at all times and I wish we could have that option in pitools as well. Setting FPS limiter to 40 or 60 (could not see any difference between them) stabilize the FPS at 60 and avoids the jitter when breaking out of ASW WHEN fps is higher than 60. It's weird, but it solves my problem.

I have the same settings than you in Pitool (same pitool version and same FW) but not the same resolution ratio (horizontal vs vertical) seen by steamVR. My vertical resolution is far greater than the horizontal resolution.

Can you try quick mission / takeoff for A10C if you have it ? On this one the GPU catalyst make big judders on my rig, even with only 40 fps (but resol at ~2100x2100, small Fov and 72 Hz with SS)

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Try it both ways first, for me, if I set to 90 or 120 fps then it judders hard the entire time. But set at 60 it only judders when cpu frametimes randomly spike or when GPU frametimes drop bellow 60. But when set to 40 it almost never judders.

I know it makes no sense, there is some funky software magic happening in the background that nobody here is going to really understand.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same settings than you in Pitool (same pitool version and same FW) but not the same resolution ratio (horizontal vs vertical) seen by steamVR. My vertical resolution is far greater than the horizontal resolution.

Can you try quick mission / takeoff for A10C if you have it ? On this one the GPU catalyst make big judders on my rig, even with only 40 fps (but resol at ~2100x2100, small Fov and 72 Hz with SS)

Try running at 120hz either small or normal fov, I found that running at anything other then 120 the gpu catalyst causes crazy judders.

I know it doesn't make sense, but just try it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Meanwhile me too make the graphics settings depending on my personal impression in VR, means when I´m happy with the experience in VR, I don´t care so much about about FPS or this and that. Finally I want to enjoy the simulator. This should not diminish the issues DCS World got in terms of VR performance, but there are compromises to make in VR anyway.

The point of ASW and reprojection is not to get higher FPS, but to make the VR experience comfortable and smooth without causing nausea by providing a high FPS frequence with less workload for the system.

I don´t know if or how the FPS limiter affects the VR experience in anyway, as it is meant for monitor FPS limitation and not for VR in particular, but to be on safe side and not to influence the VR experience in an unintended way, I left the limiter to the FPS/Hz the VR headset should provide with or without ASW or reprojection.

The new GPU catalyst didn´t do any good for me so far, but by Reading here in there Forums, Ive recently learned that the System need to be rebootet after changing the catalyst setting - so I´ll need to check next time if setting up the catalyst function makes me happy after rebooting.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Try running at 120hz either small or normal fov, I found that running at anything other then 120 the gpu catalyst causes crazy judders.

I know it doesn't make sense, but just try it.

I still have judders. And, as I do not achieve 60 fps, SS is not working so no fluidity...

But I read that Nvidia frame limiter should work for DCS...That's not the case for Il2 GB, but who knows...I will try again.

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Thanks for making this post as I have been busy lately. But if you are experiencing judders bad it is because you are not at a steady 60 frames or just a steady frame rate in general. So in my testing when I increased my graphic settings my FPS went to 55-60 and caused massive judder but after I took off and leveled out my frames went to a locked 60 and the judders went away. So I’m assuming need to have steady and lock frames with the GPU catalyst to work

• 3 weeks later...