VAICOM/VA Broke BROKE Broke!

Fang333333

In DCS options under Special, confirm the Radio Menu setting for the F-14 is Default.

Grtz

Hi Hollywood, Thanks for the response. I have confirmed the radio is set to default. I am not sure if this is Viacom or what, but within the last 3 days Jester does not align the INS or even turn on the TID. The command is recognized, other command are working, but my F-14 cannot be started now without having to manually align.

Thanks

Fang

Well. It won't remain a theory anymore. Because clearly I'm mistaken.

Been flying Ka-50 all afternoon today. Sitting on the runway or over it. Wingmen in the air next to me. All commands are understood and acknowledged by VA and VCP according to the VA log, but nothing happens in DCS. Even "options". UNTIL I start manhandling my keyboard to force the radio menu. As soon it is displays EVERY command I "spoke" is handled in the correct manner so to speak, as it seems. It's not a deal breaker right now. As I don't know if it is the Ka-50, or my system. But it's getting annoying. But I'm gonna test some other modules. Maybe all I have. To see if there is some sense to this.

I have the 2004 Windows Update. Just saying as we know that VCP communicates with DCS over the network. And there are clearly delays here. I've had it before. But not for more than a minute at the most.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

well Viacom and Voice Attack have degraded again to the point of not accepting commands. It recognizes rarely and executes sometimes.

Compared to a few days ago where it both recognized and executed brilliantly, but Voice Attack would stop accepting any commands, keyboard shortcuts after 5 minutes or later.

The only thing that has changed is me constantly reinstalling/deleting/repairing all aps in random orders. The result is Viacom works but with horrible quirks usually.

Now I cannot get it to work at all. Please somebody help fix this.

Its been months. I know the software was stable in March.

Hmmm.... Read some posts back. If you use a plain VA profile without VAICOM, does it work then? Asking because you say that even keyboard commands doesn't work. Have you added keyboard commands to the VAICOM profile, or added a VA profile to the VAICOM profile?

What happens if you use another module than the F-14?

You fixed the TX presses if I remember correctly. What happens if you press the headset icon in VA, just to rule out if there is still TX issues.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

It seems that the F-14 goes clear, but have you read this?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D279268&share_tid=279268&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I wish I would have searched this forum for this topic before I wasted money buying this thing. I was not wanting to spend so much time trying to figure out why my mic keeps shutting off using Voice Attack and Vaicom together. Wish I could get my 20 bucks back.

Edited by gryper

16 hours ago, gryper said:

I wish I would have searched this forum for this topic before I wasted money buying this thing. I was not wanting to spend so much time trying to figure out why my mic keeps shutting off using Voice Attack and Vaicom together. Wish I could get my 20 bucks back.

Can you post your settings, turn on debug and post yout VoiceAttack log? 

On 2/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, MAXsenna said:

Can you post your settings, turn on debug and post yout VoiceAttack log? 

No. Sorry. I don't know how to do any of that. I dont see any log file in any VA folder and don't know where else it would be. I decided to not use the product. Too complicated for me. I got enough on my plate with these 900-page aircraft manuals. Thanks, anyway.