SPI/WP not where is should be!

LaLa

Attached are 2 screen captures of my HUD and corresponding TAD, why is my waypoint or SPI on the horizon when in actuality its on the coast?

I know if the SPI is out of the HUD view it may float or be clamped to the periphery of the HUD, but in this case the WP is within the HUD POV.

whypse.thumb.jpg.7eb687ca152ef4f5f36449e780e9bf34.jpg

why2pse.thumb.jpg.d48941f35c1f3c8b2cde6f06eb6e6150.jpg

why is my waypoint or SPI on the horizon when in actuality its on the coast?

Because your WP has an elevation value, which probably isn't 0ft in your case and instead is 5,000ft or 10,000ft or something. That makes the WP float in the air and if you look at it from a rather flat angle like you do in those pics, it seems like it sits in the far distance on the horizon, while it actually is floating in the air right above your WP.

You can edit the elevation value in the waypoint page of your CDU. If you set it to 0 the WP should appear on the coast at the ground as you expect it. You can also check the elevation value of the WP in the mission editor, when you edit the mission.

So it's not a bug, but a feature ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Because your WP has an elevation value, which probably isn't 0ft in your case and instead is 5,000ft or 10,000ft or something. That makes the WP float in the air and if you look at it from a rather flat angle like you do in those pics, it seems like it sits in the far distance on the horizon, while it actually is floating in the air right above your WP.

You can edit the elevation value in the waypoint page of your CDU. If you set it to 0 the WP should appear on the coast at the ground as you expect it. You can also check the elevation value of the WP in the mission editor, when you edit the mission.

So it's not a bug, but a feature ;)

OK that make sense but I've never noticed this before, I assumed that when a WP is set it was smart enough to know that targets in AIR to GROUND mode are on the ground! Ooops I added this WP in mission editor not from the HUD or TGP.