2 Questions

testudine2002

Hello, I'm very new.

I have 2 questions. First, is there a way to store multiple Tacam stations at once. Like if I wanted to go from an airfield and then to a ship. Can I program these values at the beginning of my mission, or do I have to enter them one at a time.

Second, an alarm went off. My landing gear lever was glowing. I could not figure out why I was getting the alarm or how to turn it off (or at least turn down the volume). It was like the plane was warning me that I was too low and it wanted me to extend the gear. It just got stuck like that. I regained altitude and toggled the gear up and down a few times but nothing helped. I had to scrub the mission because the alarm was disturbing after a while. Any tips on this?

Thx!

1st question: no you cannot save more than one tacan station. Typically you'd write that info down on your kneeboard in real life, however, you can just have a scratch pad next to you when at the computer, or check the f10 map for ground tacan stations. For carrier, it'll be displayed in the briefing.

2nd question doesnt have enough info, id attach a track file so others can view it and help

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

You can view the tacan info with going to F10 by using the HSI Data page, but you can store them in the UFC.

like sigfan said, a track file would help, but off the top of my head was you air speed low? Weird it didn't go away if you gained altitude/speed.

Hello, I'm very new.

I have 2 questions. First, is there a way to store multiple Tacam stations at once. Like if I wanted to go from an airfield and then to a ship. Can I program these values at the beginning of my mission, or do I have to enter them one at a time.

Second, an alarm went off. My landing gear lever was glowing. I could not figure out why I was getting the alarm or how to turn it off (or at least turn down the volume). It was like the plane was warning me that I was too low and it wanted me to extend the gear. It just got stuck like that. I regained altitude and toggled the gear up and down a few times but nothing helped. I had to scrub the mission because the alarm was disturbing after a while. Any tips on this?

Thx!

2. Your landing gear could care less how low you go, but it does care how fast you are. It sounds like the stall warning horn to me.

1st question: no you cannot save more than one tacan station. Typically you'd write that info down on your kneeboard in real life, however, you can just have a scratch pad next to you when at the computer, or check the f10 map for ground tacan stations. For carrier, it'll be displayed in the briefing.

2nd question doesnt have enough info, id attach a track file so others can view it and help

Thank you for this. How do I get the track file? Also, if I am in VR, what's the best way to take notes for later use? Is there perhaps a virtual kneeboard or something?

This could have been the stall warning too. I'm not familiar with the sounds in here yet.

Thank you for this. How do I get the track file? Also, if I am in VR, what's the best way to take notes for later use? Is there perhaps a virtual kneeboard or something?

This could have been the stall warning too. I'm not familiar with the sounds in here yet.

Take a look at scratch pad

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

You can save a track file by ending a mission and selecting Save Track in the debrief screen

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro