Established, commencing?

EthanM

i dont know what this means. Sometimes i get these options and dont know what to do with it. Does it mean i am in a waiting Q to land or something? But then other times i get clara and flight kiss off, i am a bit confused.... what does it mean if i get commencing and established as an option?

It's all explained in Supercarrier manual, p.58 for Case III recovery. The order is shortly:

Inbound - The first radio contact

Established - Once you are at the directed altitude and within xx miles of the marshal stack

Commencing - When you reach the assigned push time and departing the holding stack

Check IN - Control will be transferred from marshal to approach, and you must check in with the new controller

Platform - At 5,000 feet AGL you will select ‘PLATFORM’

Good tutorial explaining this

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

i dont know what this means. Sometimes i get these options and dont know what to do with it. Does it mean i am in a waiting Q to land or something? But then other times i get clara and flight kiss off, i am a bit confused.... what does it mean if i get commencing and established as an option?

Manual answers all your questions, even the most basic ones like this, if you care to read it at all.