A Quest for help

I purchased a Oculus Quest and I am having issues getting it to run DCS I'm wondering if it is something on my side or is it a software issue, or is it some else- I have no idea. I have the link cable plugged into the computer.

I fire up the program and it runs for awhile with a blank screen. After it loads I see what I think is the underside of an f-16. It's there for about a half a second then it's all gone, sends me back to the Quest dashboard. Hope someone can help..

Thanks,

My specs are:

ASUS X-470F motherboard

Ryzen 1700x processor

32GB ram

RX580 (8gb)

SSD HD

I purchased a Oculus Quest and I am having issues getting it to run DCS I'm wondering if it is something on my side or is it a software issue, or is it some else- I have no idea. I have the link cable plugged into the computer.

I fire up the program and it runs for awhile with a blank screen. After it loads I see what I think is the underside of an f-16. It's there for about a half a second then it's all gone, sends me back to the Quest dashboard. Hope someone can help..

Thanks,

My specs are:

ASUS X-470F motherboard

Ryzen 1700x processor

32GB ram

RX580 (8gb)

SSD HD

May i suggest a pm to dburne ? He has experience with the Quest and DCS .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks,

My specs are:

ASUS X-470F motherboard

Ryzen 1700x processor

32GB ram

RX580 (8gb)

SSD HD

Insure you have enabled "unknown sources" in the Settings/General Tab of the Oculus desktop app.

Insure you have camera enabled in Windows 10 settings.

Which Link cable are you running?

Insure you have it plugged into a USB 3 Port for best results, preferably one that is not sharing it's hub with other devices.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
Insure you have enabled "unknown sources" in the Settings/General Tab of the Oculus desktop app.

Insure you have camera enabled in Windows 10 settings.

Which Link cable are you running?

Insure you have it plugged into a USB 3 Port for best results, preferably one that is not sharing it's hub with other devices.

Yes I do have 'unknown sources' enabled.

I do not have a camera but I do have camera enabled in Win 10.

I'm using the link cable that came in the box.

I was able to get it to run by going to the desktop app and clicking on it like normal- Flying around I was getting around 23 FPS. If I don't use the virtual desktop and just launch it from that screen on the left of previous plays it loads up to the point where I am in a hanger looking at the undercarriage of an airplane and it shuts it down and bounces me back to the desktop screen in 1.5 seconds.

I noticed that the device was showing an error saying that it was plugged into a USB2 but according to the manual for my motherboard that where I have it plugged in is a C USB 3.

So I'm thinking the problem may be with the cable that came with it, or the USB outlet.

IDK

Thanks,

Yes I do have 'unknown sources' enabled.

I do not have a camera but I do have camera enabled in Win 10.

I'm using the link cable that came in the box.

I was able to get it to run by going to the desktop app and clicking on it like normal- Flying around I was getting around 23 FPS. If I don't use the virtual desktop and just launch it from that screen on the left of previous plays it loads up to the point where I am in a hanger looking at the undercarriage of an airplane and it shuts it down and bounces me back to the desktop screen in 1.5 seconds.

I noticed that the device was showing an error saying that it was plugged into a USB2 but according to the manual for my motherboard that where I have it plugged in is a C USB 3.

So I'm thinking the problem may be with the cable that came with it, or the USB outlet.

IDK

Thanks,

The cable that comes with the Quest is not officially a Link cable, it is a USB 2 cable for charging. Oculus did add the capability in the latest software to use it for Link purposes, however it is not ideal and one's experience may vary.

I use the official Oculus Link cable from Oculus, it is USB 3 fiber optic, and does quite well for me. Not always easy to find in stock though. Several have reported good results with an Anker USB 3 cable also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...