Stacking

Oldfox

Hi!

Might be a stupid question but I don’t see a dedicated thread about this.

I expected to be assigned a stack altitude for case 1 but I’m just always Signal is Charlie without any holding angel instruction when checking in with approach.

This was working well using Airboss system, but I thought it would be now integrated with super carrier.

Is this still work in progress? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

This is not integrated at this time. Hopefully it will be in the future. The AIRBOSS script is more realistic at this point.

DCS Open Beta, I9-10900K(5.1 OC), Asus Z490 Maximus Hero XII, EVGA FTW3 2080TI, 32 GB, TM Wathog Throttle and Stick (Virpil base), Valve Index VR

Hi!

Might be a stupid question but I don’t see a dedicated thread about this.

I expected to be assigned a stack altitude for case 1 but I’m just always Signal is Charlie without any holding angel instruction when checking in with approach.

This was working well using Airboss system, but I thought it would be now integrated with super carrier.

Is this still work in progress? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

In cyclic opsops you don't get assigned a stack altitude when heading back. It's pre-briefed and every squadron gets assigned an altitude by CAG. That's what happens when deployed anyway. In CQ it's completely different and yes, airboss would tell you at which altitude to hold. Also "signal charile"is only a thing in CQ. In cyclic ops the guys holding at angels 2 "simply" hawk the deck to see the appropriate time to commence. ED kinda put cyclic and CQ ops in the same basket comms-wise

This is probably the number 1 thing I want working for carrier ops, especially befor any Airboss sim, ready rooms etc, but that’s just a personal preference. Here’s my reply to a similar thread below:

I assume AI/player integration in the carrier arrival flow is still WIP because there are some big flaws to the current implementation. For instance in one mission I joined the stack at 3000', as there was a flight holding at 2000', and another in the landing pattern. A subsequent flight arrived afterwards, and joined me at 3000', instead of staying above me at 4000'. Once the landing flight was clear, I received "signal is charlie" and all the AI flights continued to hold, expecting my flight to land next. This meant descending down through the flight holding at 2000' below me.

It seems currently as soon as you call "overhead" at about 3 miles, the player's flight is placed at the front of the queue, next inline behind anything currently in the landing pattern, regardless of where they are positioned in relation to other AI flights.

As I've said in a couple other threads, what we need is ATC to actually assign us an altitude on check-in. Whilst this is not completely realistic, neither is what we have now, so that shouldn’t be the argument for not making improvements to the arrival flow.

Edited by norman99

Is there anyone else above/ inbound to the Carrier?

In Case 2 and 3 you get stacked till push time. On my side on case 1s the Pattern was always empty as I approached so sure I don't get stacked and a Charlie signal.