Oil cooler and intercooler indicators swapped?

saburo_cz

As is written in title.

this is from game

1SzKYoY.png

and these are from manuals

aNYxqyH.png

udUQrzJ.png

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

The game model might actually be right. I've been looking through the manuals and I'm finding examples of it both ways. (Which makes my head hurt so much) As near as I can tell, the only distinguishing factor is which way the cables are running out of the box. The one for the oil cooler indicator always runs forward and the one for the intercooler always seems to run aft.

The game model might actually be right. I've been looking through the manuals and I'm finding examples of it both ways. (Which makes my head hurt so much) As near as I can tell, the only distinguishing factor is which way the cables are running out of the box. The one for the oil cooler indicator always runs forward and the one for the intercooler always seems to run aft.

The cables make sense given where they are going. Good find

The game model might actually be right. I've been looking through the manuals and I'm finding examples of it both ways.

Yes, there were two ways, but.

The second way was for early models and they had control switches palced on the Main Switch Panel and not next to indicators.

NwOJjsy.png

The game model does not seem to be right.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

I have to admit indicator and switches positions being vertically "reversed" in-game immediately seemed to be counter intuitive for me. Manual screenshot has been taken in some WIP build obviously, but for some reason it got changed to what we have now.

I wonder which config we're supposed to have.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Given Saburo_cz's point that the indicators were moved after they moved the switches to the side wall, I suspect they were changed to prevent that confusion. But given that the indicators are done through a cable run, if we switch the indicators, we'll also need to switch which activator cables go where.

It's hard to tell from the images, but it looks like the box may have holes on both sides so you can plumb it either way, depending on which aircraft you've got. This must have been a configuration control nightmare... Consistency, thy name is not t-bolt.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking it would be hilarious to go find all the surviving examples and take photos of this panel just to see how many different configurations there are, and if any of them are plugged the same way at all?

It reminded me that USAF museum has a collection of these cool, interactive 360 degree photos of some of their airplanes. I went to their website and they've got one with T-bolt. This particular example does have indicators and switches arranged as in manual:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/WWII_tour/WWII-23.html

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Accordind to radio call (S/N) it is D-40-RA 45-49192.

F-15E | F-14A/B

It reminded me that USAF museum has a collection of these cool, interactive 360 degree photos of some of their airplanes. I went to their website and they've got one with T-bolt. This particular example does have indicators and switches arranged as in manual:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/WWII_tour/WWII-23.html

Very very cool.

I checked the model in game, and it appears that the inter-cooler indicator cable is running to the lower box, unlike the the photo you've posted, so fixing it will involve changing the mesh too, to reroute that line. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues finding my screenshots folder, so can't, (yet) post a photo of it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Annoyed me too. Found this, which is consistent with what we have. The plate the switches are attached too, are a little different.

GihMayF.png

File "P-47D-25 through 35.pdf" page 6 from V'ger.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 2 weeks later...

coolants flaps.JPG

P-47D-40, s/n 4490438

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B