AI Anton do not use werfer granate 21

Rolds

Attached is a short track, when the AI Anton's get close enough to the bombers that they give the "tally bandits" call, and I order "engage bandits", the AI jettison their werfer granate prior to engaging (the track ends there).

This short sequence frustrated me for a couple other reasons. First, the AI spotting distance is not affected by contrails. Because I need to wait for the AI to call tally bandit I end up having to get very close to the bombers before that call can be made, on a head on pass this is frustrating because there already is a lot to do without hovering my hand on the keyboard. I had to use the trick of adding a "search then engage group" item in the mission editor and make the bomber group "visible" to somewhat increase the AI detection range. The broader point though is that DCS can clearly detect when an aircraft is and is not con-trailing, AI detection ranges should expand when it is. Having an AI command that allows the AI to engage bandits as soon as they are detected would be helpful as well. Also having a more detailed options, such as "engage bombers" vs "engage fighters" would help, not that it is relevant in the scenario I was doing.

Second, I ran this many times and on every head on run I got hit by the bombers. The issue is that the bombers only seem to have one detection function, so the instant you pass into the rear hemisphere of the bomber the tail gunners are firing accurately. Ideally there would be some hand off from one detection sphere to another as a fighter moves around the bomber.

Antons drop rockets.trk

This has been reported along with the bug that you cant jettison the empty tubes after firing the rockets. However there is no official response on this and neither on all the other missing or malfunctioning parts of the Anton.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!