Taxing/Steering

Rudder does not seem to work on the ground to taxi. I can only use differential braking to steer. Tail wheel is not locked. What I am missing?

Asus Strix X299-XE, Intel 7820X @4.6ghz, 32GB G.Skill Ram, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro x64, WinWing F-18 Hotas, Couger MFD's, TrackIR, Buttkicker, Volairsim pit.

Nothing. That's how it is with all warbirds in DCS except for Mustang, which is the only one with steerable tailwheel allowing it to taxi using rudder pedals.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks. The Mustang is the only warbird I fly. I guess I was not aware of others not able to use rudder for steering.

Asus Strix X299-XE, Intel 7820X @4.6ghz, 32GB G.Skill Ram, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro x64, WinWing F-18 Hotas, Couger MFD's, TrackIR, Buttkicker, Volairsim pit.

The good thing is, compared to other warbirds T-bolt reacts to differential braking slower and smoother (probably because of its weight), so taxiing slowly using these seems to be easier, at least for me. If you have some decent rudder pedals with toe brakes, you will get used to it quickly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Rudder does not seem to work on the ground to taxi. I can only use differential braking to steer. Tail wheel is not locked. What I am missing?

And if necessary, you can lock it with the yellow lever next to right side of the pilot seat :smilewink:

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS