P-47D - 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock A1 - Menezes

Sydy

Hi guys!

Here we go again! So far I am able to make liveries in silver for the P-47, but I am looking forward for modeling with a Template. This is my third one and I just uploaded the fourth skin:

A1-Front_Left.jpg

A bit of History:

The First Brazilian Fighter Group was created in 1943. The training was performed by the Forward Echelon in Florida, then as a Group in P-40s in Aguadulce, Panama, and Suffolk, New York, flying P-47s. It had a Squadron size.

During the World War II , the Group was attached to the 350th Fighter Group in Italy as the 4th squadron (1944-1945). It was based initially in Tarquinia and later in Pisa. Due to low on replacements, the pilots extended the Tour of Duty until the war end.

"Jambock" was the callsign used by the Brazilian Fighter Group during the war and still is in used today (flying F-5EM and F-5FM). "Jambock" name has an Indonesian/South African origin (sjanbok or Sambok) and means "animal skin or wood whip". It was a kind of whip.

About this Livery:

The livery is as historical as possible.

Warrant Officer Diomar Menezes came to the squadron as one of the very few replacement and flew 71 missions in combat. His plane was a Silver "A1" P-47D-30-RE SN 42-0854, callsign "Red One". He took over this plane after the Flight Lead became sick. He flew it until the War end.

You may download the P-47D - 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock A1 - Menezes Livery here

The Patch on the nose means:

- Ostrich - Brazilians can take and handle anything;

- Hat - The Brazilian Air Force Pilot;

- Shield - The Thunderbolt toughness and the Pilot protection;

- Blue and the 5 Stars - Brazilian Sky and the "South Cross constellation";

- Pistol - the Jug fire-power;

- Cloud - the airspace, "the pilot's floor";

- Red Background - the blood of the Brazilians WIA and KIA;

- "Senta a Púa!" - Group Motto and means "Go for it!" in a "free translation";

Later, after the war, it was added a Flak Cloud to represent the enemy AAA.

How to install:

1st Option:

Extract the 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock A1-Menezes folder to your C:Eagle DynamicsDCS World OpenBetaCoreModsWWII UnitsP-47D-30LiveriesP-47D-30 folder.

Remember to double check your HD drive letter and DCS destination folder.

2nd Option:

Extract the1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock A1-Menezes folder to your C:Users"YourUserNameHere"Saved GamesDCS.openbetaLiveriesP-47D-30 folder

If you don't have that folder, you may create it.

Remember to double check your HD drive letter and Saved Games destination folder.

I just starde making DCS Liveries, so be gentle and feedback is well accepted. Btw, there is a texture problem on the side insignias that I could not solve. The rearmost part of the lateral insignias are kind metallic. I think it will be solved with the future template.

Bibliography:

- Senta a Púa - Rui Moreira Lima

- FAB na Segunda Guerra Mundial - Luciano Monteiro. (Modelling book)

- Heróis do Céu - Legends by Rui Moreira Lima and Meira - Action Editora

- A História do 1 Grupo de Caça 1943-1945 - John W. Buyers

- The 350th Fighter Group - Schiffer

Recommended video:

Jambock Documentary (very good Engligh Closed Captions):

I hope you like it!

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Typos

Thanks a lot Sydy .. I downloaded all of them:

jHmI3g7.jpg

They look perfect, the metal finish of the latest DCS versión is just gorgeous :thumbup:

uSiIsaa.jpg

Best regards and thanks for sharing :)

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Rudel,

You made my day! I am very happy with what I see. Thanks a lot.

Today I made another two: B5 of Cap. Rocha (75 combat missions and big shot airline Captain after the war) and a Jambock Generic Silver without any Flight or SN marks.

Probably they will be available tomorrow.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy