New video card and no improvement

So I got an AGP 8X GeForce 7600GS with 512MB RAM. All of my games instantly improved except for LockON 1.12. It seems that the game is getting about the same performance as with my old Geforce 5500 FX card. Is there some magical config file tweaking that I forgot to do? Thanks.

Lock on needs both CPU power and VPU power. May be you are CPU bounded. Can you be more specific about your system specs?

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Low on RAM, I went from 1 gig to 2 gigs of RAM, it was like a new computer.

That will affect the loading times. Once the game is loaded there is no disc access, meaning that RAM is not the bottleneck. This is something purely in the graphics side of the game.

Very low on Ram for LockON.

It is more than "just load times" when it comes to LockOn. 2Gb really does help to run it amazingly. Your cpu might also be considered borderline for lockon (as a non-dual core example- my laptop has an Intel 3.4Ghz full desktop cpu in it, 2Gb of Ram and an ATI9700 Pro with 256Mb of ram and still struggles with it when trying to use highest graphics settings in LockOn), if possible try and get an Intel Core2Duo since lockon is both CPU and Video intensive. You won't regret it.

Most everyone can run IL2 1946 on most machines, but compared to LockON, it is quite different in the system you need. (Ex. I can run IL2 1946 on that same laptop on highest settings smoothly).

Hope this helps.

My best LockOn system is an Intel Core2Duo running at 3.75Ghz with 3Gb of ram and dual Nvidia 7950 each with 512mb of ram on it (1024 video ram total) in SLI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

you need at least 2GB of ram. Win XP uses 512 to run. I had 1Gb in mine and added 1GB more was like a new PC. Makes a world of a diffrince to add more Ram.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/