Why I am unlikely to buy from DCS in the future...

BrzI

What I'm really annoyed about is dividing up the community by paid maps. Would prefer more free maps that we can get 20 servers with 20-30 players on doing PVE rather than 200 servers with 2-3 people on, which is the case now. No fun in flying alone in a hostile environment.

Agreed on the map issue and that IL-2 is better WW2. Maps should be part of the core package, which shouldnt be free. The core package, imo, should be paid a normal price $40 + version upgrades $19 (3.0, 4.0, 5.0) but comes with the maps and a few planes (FC3 planes). This way maps and the core would pay for themselves and merit development. Currently the core is neglected and the player-base divided.

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Thank you so much for this post, I noticed you also want a full fidelity modern russian plane such as the su27, this is by far my most wanted thing to be added in DCS, not to say that american planes are bad, but they sorta feel a bit boring because that's what I mostly see irl, having a russian modern fighter would bring this equally as huge eastern side world of aviation to DCS and show what the modern russian side looks like.

The jf17 is already the first step to this goal and thankfully it was wonderfully done, the next step is the full blown russian fighter.

Yes I do get there are licensing issues and such but I still hope one day...

I can't agree more. I would absolutely love an SU-30. I say that one because its multi role, and would counter the Hornet, and Viper well. Maybe we will see a full fidelity J-11. Slightly older, and I would pay full price for a Mig-29S. I just want to click that cockpit. An Su-34 would be a day one buy, or even an Su-24.

The fact that ED's DCS modules are getting more and more complex is great, but also problematic in terms of time spent learning all systems effectively. So yeah, I agree with OP.

I could happily limit myself to only flying the F-18, F-16, Jeff, and the future Eurofighter, while stopping to purchase any other module that I will likely never get into (I prefer modern jets).

However, I won't do that and will continue to buy every flyable DCS module and any new terrain that's coming out, just to keep everyone going - and thus sustaining my beloved DCS hobby as well.

As a side note, as modern DCS modules tend to get more and more complex, and I really wish there was a lot more hand-holding via built-in training missions to teach us all those systems from the ground up (not talking about videos online, but actual training missions).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com