Viper ECM Modes

dores893

I'm new to the Viper, so I haven't paid close attention to what's been implemented yet. Where is the Viper in terms of countermeasures? Does MAN, SEMI, AUTO and Bypass work? Which one do most of you prefer? I can't seem to get anything to drop using CMS FWD.

Only MAN (and I think Bypass) works at the moment. Did you turn CH and FL to ON and the knob to MAN? Also, you can check out the selected CMS program setting in the DED.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

CM's work. I haven't tried the button, only the stick. I think there's a bug where if you don't cycle the CM feedback messages on the DED page (turn them off and then on) after a cold start you won't hear them even if they're turned on, so it might seem like CM press does nothing.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I was able to get the Chaff/Flare to dispense with messages by doing a hot start and then running them in MAN and depressing CMS FWD. I can live with Manual mode. Does the Jammer work?

There is no internal jammer and none to hang off the jet, yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Then does the Chaff/Flare Slap Button work?

Yes, it does.

CM's work. I haven't tried the button, only the stick. I think there's a bug where if you don't cycle the CM feedback messages on the DED page (turn them off and then on) after a cold start you won't hear them even if they're turned on, so it might seem like CM press does nothing.

Indeed, this issue hasn't been fixed yet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg