Warm up time?

philstyle

The aspect of the temperature has already been discussed extensively in other posts as well, I also wondered if it was normal but it seems that it is faithfully reproduced taking into account the original heating times of the plane. It must be considered that it is equipped with a particular cooling system, an additional fan that cools the oil cooler. There is ample documentation about it but do not ask me for the links, I no longer log in which post or where I read them. In any case you can feel comfortable with the temperatures, from what I have read are correct, if many do not answer you, it is for this reason and because we have already talked about this. Greetings and good flight with Anton

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

What is often done with larger engines, for example engine which are running emergency generator. Those engines have to be ready operational in just an instant of time.

They have heated up oil tanks, so engine can kick full power with in 30-60 sec.

Same thing could be done with airplane engine, for those designated for scramble take off.

But in my opinion anton's oil heats up slow. Oil is pumped in to engines heads too, which are particular hot in air cooled engines, i think this will speed up heat up process.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Even with the radiators closed, it seems for me to take an age to get the Anton up to the 30 degrees required for more than 1400rpm as per the manual, even with OAT set to the low-mid 20 Celsius.

Anybody else find this also?

Maybe stupid question but, did you turn on your Instruments CB?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• ED Team
Even with the radiators closed, it seems for me to take an age to get the Anton up to the 30 degrees required for more than 1400rpm as per the manual, even with OAT set to the low-mid 20 Celsius.

Anybody else find this also?

The point is that A8 has a large air passage area that is always open, so the shutters only open additional area.

The fan itself works as air flow automatic control during flight, and the shutters only serve to add air flow at hot day.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

The point is that A8 has a large air passage area that is always open, so the shutters only open additional area.

The fan itself works as air flow automatic control during flight, and the shutters only serve to add air flow at hot day.

Looks like I just need to be more patient and wait :)

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Also, are you trying this in Channel or Normandy? Because the Channel map is set at 0ºC constantly due to a bug...

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Normandy, OAT set to mid 20s

:thumbup:

I will try to test it ASAP, it is not that slower for me or at least as far as I remember.