To ask the Question Why?? Rasbam... (IR Mav)

Hbomb

So I've been flying the Harrier for a couple of years, and know all the Quirks of this awesome little machine. I've searched all though the forums and Manuals but can't find out why?...

Why when cooling down the IR mavs can you not touch anything (change Weapon/Mode, screen, Scratch yourself ETC.) for the 3mins for fear of it never going "RDY" and having to start all over again?.

(Like every other IR Maverick in the game)

Is it a "happens in the real thing like this" or Rasbam version type thing?

or something else?

It's always hard to explain to new guys how to use the Harrier when it's got things you can't explain it just is...

Is it a "happens in the real thing like this" or Rasbam version type thing?

or something else?

AFAIK it's a Razbam version of "something similar" happens in the real aircraft but they may not have the logic "exactly" correct.

The pylons power up when the IR Mavericks are selected [boxed] and ALL the missiles start their 3 minute alignment and cooling process.

While powered the IR Mavericks use coolant (with ~60 minutes supply)

Calling up the EHSD page, stores, etc. should NOT deselect the IR Maverick but changing to another master mode (A/A, A/G, Nav), a different A2G weapon, etc. does i.e. IRMV [unboxed]

Although deselecting the IRMV's will stop their initial alignment/cooling process (so should be managed correctly), when deselected as intended (i.e. in flight after pre-cooling and alignment is complete) it extends the time the coolant/mavericks can be used.

Ref. AV-8B Tactical Manual Volume 1, 2002

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

AFAIK it's a Razbam version of "something similar"

Ref. AV-8B Tactical Manual Volume 1, 2002

Except we dont have 2002 era harrier, or probably any real harrier that actually existed, so who the hell knows

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).