Cockpit sound

-Scrat-

• ED Team
I only have this rumbling noise when I use loudspeakers with subwoofer.

Then this is a problem on the side of your subwoofer speakers. They amplify some specific frequency, or it can be the reflections in the room, or the location of the subwoofer ... or smth else.

Unfortunately, I cannot remotely understand in which sound exactly the frequency that disturbs you is located.

Try do the same with other sound files Sounds_F16_4.zip. One by one set gain = 0

But it can be even from the sound from external view, that comes into the cockpit through sound filter....

So the problem I think not in the one or two sounds, but in specific for your audio system frequency, which can come from several sounds.

Edited by btd

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Well, you can use your files as before.

Put your sound files into c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit

Put your SDEF files into c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit

Hello Kanstantsin, now it works perfectly, both for the F-18 as for the F-16 stupid of me, I had forgotten the subfolder "Cockpit". THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED FOR YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE. And you are right, seeing and hearing videos of the F-18, the sound you made is pretty much accurate. But nevertheless, as I mentioned, as we do not have AT ALL the same feelings and reference to the outside real world, as somebody being in a real plane, covering it up with some air conditioning or similar noise the reeling down or up of the engine makes very difficult to judge the status of the plane in its surroundings.

Tell me, this system of putting modifies files in the in the c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS folder works also for textures, modified shapes in bazar, cockpit textures, etx?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Thanks for your help btd. It seems to be better !

Not only seems, it is!

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

• ED Team

I am very glad that I could help. Many thanks!

Tell me, this system of putting modifies files in the in the c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS folder works also for textures, modified shapes in bazar, cockpit textures, etx?

Yes, but the search rules for files are slightly different. And as I found out, there is no sensible documentation yet. But they promised to do it in the near future.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

I am very glad that I could help. Many thanks!

Yes, but the search rules for files are slightly different. And as I found out, there is no sensible documentation yet. But they promised to do it in the near future.

I see... Thanks again...

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004