Campaign resetting to Mission 1?

Hello,

I died in Mission 2 and instead of being able to replay mission 2, I was sent back to mission 1.

Is this because the campaign is score related?

I read this from another thread for a Jet based mission:

Score 0 to 49 points: Player gets set back one stage. If in first stage, campaign fails.

Score 50 points: Player has to refly current stage.

Score 51 to 100 points: Player advances one stage. If in final stage, campaign is won.

The PDF Documention only states the following under GAMEPLAY:

"These are no “Hollywood” style missions. No need to shoot down x number of enemy planes or

destroy pre-defined targets to progress. Just like in real life, it will suffice to survive the mission and

live to fight another day. Therefore, there is a timer set for each sortie, and after 10 minutes airborne

they will be successfully completed."

Is this correct?

If so I know I can fly them as missions instead of a campaign.

Edited by SDRipper
Added information from the PDF Documntation

Canadian CPL ME IR

DCS Normandy Map +Assets Pack/ P51-D / Spitfire / BF-109 / FW 190-D9 / F/A-18C / A-4E

Intel i7 7700k Kaby Lake 4.2 / Gigabyte GA-270X Ultra Gaming Mobo / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3866 Memory / Radeon RX 590/

Thrust Master Hotas Warthhog / Delan Fusion Clip with PS2 Camera

A death in any campaign usually (IIRC) sets all campaign back to mission 1. You can overcome this by editing your logbook.lua. Search for Dead and change value from TRUE to FALSE. Highly recommend backing up the file prior to editing it, as an incorrect edit will prevent DCS from launching.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Thank you Panther! There is no mention of deaths so what I did instead was fix the second mission and add a new string for Mission 3 to it could go to the next mission.

[2] =

{

["datetime"] = "Sat Sep 5 19:48:38 2020",

["agKills"] = 1,

["aaKills"] = 1,

["stage"] = 2,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 100,

["mission"] = "BNBOB - 02.miz",

}, -- end of [2]

[3] =

{

["datetime"] = "Mon Sep 7 17:03:38 2020",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 0,

["mission"] = "BNBOB - 03.miz",

}, -- end of [3]

Edited by SDRipper
Added String

Canadian CPL ME IR

DCS Normandy Map +Assets Pack/ P51-D / Spitfire / BF-109 / FW 190-D9 / F/A-18C / A-4E

Intel i7 7700k Kaby Lake 4.2 / Gigabyte GA-270X Ultra Gaming Mobo / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3866 Memory / Radeon RX 590/

Thrust Master Hotas Warthhog / Delan Fusion Clip with PS2 Camera

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also had a strange instance of getting sent back to mission 1 after completing mission 2. In my case, I completed the mission what I thought was successfully in that I didn't die and I landed back at base. However, after the turn to the east over France, I believe the flight leader of white flight got shot down by flak. After that time, I never heard any more radio callouts all the way back to base. The last one I heard was "watch out for flak guys!" or something, then he got shot down shortly after. After I landed and shut down I exited the mission and it gave me a fail (I think it gave me a score of 25 if I recall correctly) and now when I try to resume the campaign mission 1 launches.

Thanks for the report! Looks like I mistyped a flag number in the mission criteria there. I've corrected it, hopefully in time for the next patch.

Also, was the flack really thick, unsurviveable? Or did he get shot by an unlucky shell? Did white flight go on after that, eventually meeting the Focke Wulfs?

Edited by Reflected

Thanks for the report! Looks like I mistyped a flag number in the mission criteria there. I've corrected it, hopefully in time for the next patch.

Also, was the flack really thick, unsurviveable? Or did he get shot by an unlucky shell? Did white flight go on after that, eventually meeting the Focke Wulfs?

The flak wasn't that thick. It appear to be just an unlucky shell. The rest of white flight did continue on back to base following the waypoints in formation, but made the turn back to the north across the channel before we got very close to the FWs. I could see them on the horizon but the AI guys never saw them and we put distance on them as we started to get out over the channel. So no air engagement happened.