Mouse mappings hardcoded?

Eldur

I did this to clear up the mouse camera pan and wheel scroll functions as I don't like them, but they persist. No problem on other modules...

Edit: completely unmodded yet as I've yet to populate my mappings and I usually do this with some lua editing included. Just was hopping into DCS to generate the mapping diffs in the Saved Games subfolders.

Screen_200930_214803.thumb.jpg.ca88a4665721c0a0c1c3544cc2d089c6.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Can't assign mouse buttons

I cant assign mouse buttons, mouse category is empty by default even when i press "RESET CATEGORY TO DEFAULT", i can add it manually but when i press it nothing happens.

( i can use left and right mouse buttons and move around the cokpit with no problem)

I have this problem after a-10c II update (only in a-10c and a-10c II), and deleting saved games folder/repair/fresh install and installing only a-10c doesnt help at all

This is big problem for me cuz i use mouse as "view device" and i cant change middle mouse button to right mouse button.

Edited by H0RN3T

I guess I found the source of that problem, as in

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2

there is no mouse folder with a default.lua in it as with the other modules. So it somehow takes a base mapping, but apparently this makes remapping any mouse things not work. I'll try out if it behaves as expected when taking over the files from the original A-10C.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was able to finally delete the bindings that allowed the mouse to manipulate the camera view(s) in external aircraft view. Still able to move the mouse and use the left/right mouse buttons while in the aircraft to toggle buttons/switches. The mouse axis bindings were in cockpit view category (if I recall correctly), all the way to the right as I have numerous columns due to having Cougar MFDs, Fanatec peripherals and the Thrustmaster HOTAS peripherals.

Hope it helps, as I found it incredibly annoying to have the external views being controlled by the mouse axis'

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Dont know why but ALL MOUSE SETTINGS for EVERY MODULE (without "mouse" folder in mods/aircraft/xxx/input/xxx so f-18 and a-10c atm) are taken from "UI LAYER" category and it doesnt matter if you rebind mouse settings in specific module.

so it fixed my problem but still i have to have same mouse settings for a-10c and f-18c.

(i hope you understand my bad english :p )

Edited by H0RN3T