Open Beta Motion Reprojection Not Working Mixed Reality

DCS Open Beta Mixed Reality for Steam VR (HP Reverb)

Motion Reprojection is not working. Tried forcing in Steam VR and modding/various settings in the default.vrsettings file but still no joy.

It works in non Beta DCS and have copied all the settings from Non beta with beta but still no change.

Running both Steam VR and Mixed Reality for Steam beta versions.

Any ideas, sugestions?

Thanks guys.

DCS Open Beta Mixed Reality for Steam VR (HP Reverb)

Motion Reprojection is not working. Tried forcing in Steam VR and modding/various settings in the default.vrsettings file but still no joy.

It works in non Beta DCS and have copied all the settings from Non beta with beta but still no change.

Running both Steam VR and Mixed Reality for Steam beta versions.

Any ideas, sugestions?

Thanks guys.

Sorry, no answer for you, but how can I see if motionreprojection is working or not?

I'm asking, because I think it might not be working here aswell. I know in the past it helped me get a smooth image when looking at the ground at high speed, somehow and at some point in the past few weeks (without changing any settings) it's not smooth anymore

I use the SteamVR motion reproduction (Disabled it in WMR). Using latest OB

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey sirrah

Sounds like you have same issue. Like you motion reprojection worked fine until a couple of weeks ago so think some update has broken it.

You can enable Motion reprojection indicator by editing the default.vrsettings file to "motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled": true, but if your frame rate is not being capped to 45fps then its not working properly.

As mentioned Motion Reprojection works fine in non Beta version of DCS with same settings.

I don't know if the SteamVR per application settings can distinguish between the two DCS versions but it may be worth starting DCS OB and going into settings on the little SteamVR window (just click on the heading and then settings). Go into Video and per application settings and select DCS from the drop down and see what it says.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Cheers Baldrick

I've already tried that, think I've tried everything actually. I'm pretty sure its something broken with DCS Open Beta especially as it works fine in non Beta version.

It is definitely working for me with DCS Open Beta and:

Reverb WMR

WMR for SteamVR Beta

SteamVR Beta

I still do it the old fashioned way and edit the default.vrsettings file (which you have already done)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

It is definitely working for me with DCS Open Beta and:

Reverb WMR

WMR for SteamVR Beta

SteamVR Beta

I still do it the old fashioned way and edit the default.vrsettings file (which you have already done)

Yeah tried that already but no luck.

Def does look like something is screwed within DCS OB.

I’ve also tried running repair on it and still no change.

Did some more testing.

Tested with Valve Index and Motion Reprojection/Motion Smoothing is working as expected.

Looks like there has been an update at point that has maybe modified something the stop Motion Reprojection working with the HP Reverb on DCS OpenBeta.

Like I've said it works fine with the HP Reverb on Stable/non Beta Version

Is there anywhere to report this as a bug?

Edited by Neelfy

Sorry, no answer for you, but how can I see if motionreprojection is working or not?

I'm asking, because I think it might not be working here aswell. I know in the past it helped me get a smooth image when looking at the ground at high speed, somehow and at some point in the past few weeks (without changing any settings) it's not smooth anymore

I use the SteamVR motion reproduction (Disabled it in WMR). Using latest OB

sirrah

Are you also running a HP Reverb?

Did some more testing.

Tested with Valve Index and Motion Reprojection/Motion Smoothing is working as expected.

Looks like there has been an update at point that has maybe modified something the stop Motion Reprojection working with the HP Reverb on DCS OpenBeta.

Like I've said it works fine with the HP Reverb on Stable/non Beta Version

Is there anywhere to report this as a bug?

Somewhat clutching at straws but you don't happen to have run the WMR Debug Tool in beta and not standard have you?

Somewhat clutching at straws but you don't happen to have run the WMR Debug Tool in beta and not standard have you?

Thanks again for your input Baldrick I will take any sugestions at this point.

Not sure I've seen the WMR Debug Tool or not.

Can you point me in the direction so I can check if I've seen it before?

Cheers again.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I have a related question.

As said before in this thread, I had similar issues as the OP described. I had good framerates (45+ fps) but still I was experiencing unsmooth graphics. Especially noticeable when looking at the ground at high speeds or while rolling my aircraft.

In SteamVR, I had motion reprojection enabled (or whatever it's called again in SteamVR).

I got fed up with it today and investigated a bit more. Somehow, whatever options I tried in SteamVR, I didn't get a smooth image in DCS. I tried all combinations of "Legacy reprojection mode" and "motion smoothing", both enabled, either of them enabled... Nothing gave good results..

I decided to switch both of them to "disable" and alter the default.vrsettings file of WMR again.

I set motionreprojection to Auto and everthing runs smooth as a baby's but again! :thumbup:

One thing crossed my mind... When trying all options in SteamVR, I had motionreprojection in WMR set to "none" (instead of just commenting it out). Could that have overruled SteamVR settings maybe? :huh:

In that case, that might also be the issue for the OP here

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

One thing crossed my mind... When trying all options in SteamVR, I had motionreprojection in WMR set to "none" (instead of just commenting it out). Could that have overruled SteamVR settings maybe? :huh:

In that case, that might also be the issue for the OP here

I believe if you use the SteamVR dashboard (using VR controllers) it will override whatever is set in in the default settings file. However if you use the settings option from the little SteamVR window on your monitor then you need to comment out the motionreprojection line in the default settings file to use the motion smoothing options. That is my observation.

I just set it to auto in the default settings file and never had an issue.

• 3 weeks later...