Can ED add some axis for the lights please?

I have the WinWing Taurus Throttle and it has rotaries for some lights.

Can you please add some axis for rotaries like the lights? :thumbup:

Thanks.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I suppose your "rotaries" are potentiometers (not rotary encoders). The A-10C I does not have axis commands for the internal lights either, so I doubt that ED will add them for the II. I have tried and could create an axis command for Engine Instruments Lights by adding this line of code to the "Axis" section of the "default.lua":

{action = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Engine Instruments Lights Axis')},

However, the command only uses the upper 50% of my slider's range. This could be improved by creating a curve.

If you are willing to edit your "default.lua" (with Notepad++) I can provide axis comands for the other knobs in the Lighting Control Panel. Personally I have no use for this as I have no spare axis in my HOTAS.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Also wanted to ask for more axis inputs. I know how to tweak the default.lua, but as LeCuvier said, what we can add is by no means optimal. Creating a curve does not fully solve the issue.

It would be nice that if an aircraft gets an overhaul, the inputs were also brought to the standard of the newer aircraft. Especially, when this is an update we have to pay for.

Thanks.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

(...) Creating a curve does not fully solve the issue. (...)

What do you mean? Am I missing something?

You tick "slider", you tick "user curve" and the curve is as follows:

50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100

Doesn't this work for you?

PS. I've also made myself these axes to work with potentiometers on my button box (all need the above curve):

{action = 3007, cockpit_device_id = 5, name = _('RWR Volume Knob')},

{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Flood Light Knob')},

{action = 3016, cockpit_device_id = 58, name = _('TACAN Audio Volume')}, -- this one is perhaps less than essential

{action = 3014, cockpit_device_id = 58, name = _('ILS Audio Volume')}, -- as above

PS. Yes, of course - ready to use axes in options/controls should be the way to go.

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

Well, I used to use 'bands' or some other feature of the Saitek Profiler Software with my X55 Throttle to send the Increase/Decrease commands for Lights and rotaries. But I cannot figure out or find documentation on the WinWing Key Mapping Software. I started using RSMapper(from these forums) which is good and easy to use, but it doesn't handle these rotaries.

I am looking into vJoy now. I don't really want to mod the game for this. I'd prefer to find one general solution to Key, Axis, Rotary, etc.. issues..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download