Aerial Refuel Count in Logbook

hrnet940

Good day everyone,

I have been working on my aerial refueling and trying to get my Logbook entry counter to go up. I am getting connected and 'You are taking fuel' call but the logbook counter seems to have a requirement to make that register as one. I have 4 in my logbook yet have connected a number of times. Yesterday I took over 500lbs in each of my two connections, but it stayed at 4. Does anyone know what that threshold is for making that change? My other connections were over 1500lbs per connection, I think.

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

• 2 years later...

This is completely a guess (since I didn't even realize it tracks that in your logbook 🤨), but I would think it would be tied to getting the "refuel complete, disconnect" (or whatever the exact wording is) message from the tanker.

16 hours ago, rob10 said:

This is completely a guess (since I didn't even realize it tracks that in your logbook 🤨), but I would think it would be tied to getting the "refuel complete, disconnect" (or whatever the exact wording is) message from the tanker.

It doesn't actually. Seems it might be different from tanker to tanker or something.
Have done AAR twice in the F-15E, not filled it up once, but connected/disconnected A LOT, but I have like 25+ refuels recorded in it now for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

I start to believe, it might(!) be that you potentially have to stay about 30sec connected before it counts in the logbook. Still, this is just a wild guess without any proof, yet…

Will do some testing, if time allows  🙂

Edited by Vettefan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I now performed a rather structured test and come to the conclusion that bottom-line we need to be connected for a minimum of 20sec to have it counted in the Logbook.

This is based on ~50 evaluated AARs in the mighty Tomcat, Hornet, Harrier, Strike Eagle and Viper.

Everything below 20sec connected to the tanker (KC-130 or KC-135 or MPRS) was not counted whereas everything with 20sec and above connection time is tracked in my logbook. Analysis was done based on the time-stamps in the post mission stats.

I hope this help to understand the topic a bit better.

Cheers

• Thanks 2